1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Breaks Foot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Zach Kang

Zach Kang Member

YEAH WE NEED YOU IN THE WORD CHAMPION TOURMENT!! GET WELL REAL SOON. HOW ABOUT 2 MONTH?

2. ymc

ymc Member

Are you implying this is not that bad? I don't get anything positive here... :(

3. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Are you having a one way conversation with a Yao Ming quote? Now that's dedicated YOFism.

4. Zach Kang

Zach Kang Member

why get injuried in some crabby meaningless NBA games in the first place?
    you should know what is important in your life....The Word Champion tourment and the 08 olympics!

5. michecon

michecon Member

Dude, what he said isn't any different from any Rockets fan wishing Yao well and saying Rockets need him, other than he's also rooting for Chinese team. :rolleyes:

Lay off the guy.

6. terse

terse Member

Absolutely. With the season long dead, there was absolutely no need to risk Yao. But JVG did it anyway.

I have long suspected that JVG is strategically brain dead. He is strictly a pushy, short-sighted, go go go tactical person. He appears to be absolutely blind to the longer term -- even if that "longer" term is no more than a month or two ahead.

Remember last season, when we were sitting pretty as the playoffs approached? It was completely our choice to face the Mavs in the first round, or to lose a couple of games and thereby "earn" an easier opponent. Well, you all know what happened: JVG practically killed the team during the stretch run, piling up unnecessary wins -- only to draw the Mavs in the first round. What a booby prize. From a strictly strategic point of view, we should have tanked a couple of games; if we had, we probably would have made at least the second round. But we didn't. This was when I began suspecting that JVG was slightly brain damaged.

T-Mac's reinjured back and now Yao's broken foot have confirmed my view. JVG doesn't give a damn for strategic considerations -- notably, the long-term health of his Knicks and Rockets players -- he just wants to win today. If that means pushing his players until they break, then so be it.

Needless to say, I don't want anybody like that as the coach of my team. Fire JVG!

7. terse

terse Member

Sorry, Sam, but there is such a thing as "unnecessary risk". Playing Yao in meaningless garbage games falls definitely in that category.

8. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

i think he's just passing along pertinent information and its obviously not positive

i cant believe this is the 3rd time he's broken the same foot and the toe problem was with the same foot as well

he better get hooked-up with a bad ass shoe for his left foot that provides all kinds of protection while still allowing him to be mobile like the shoe he was wearing earlier this season after his toe injury

rest and get well....we need you big fella

rockets will overcome everything next season to be the 06-07 nba champs!

9. prv1981

prv1981 Member

I do not have an opinion as to the severity of Yao's current condition. As a fan of the Rockets and Yao, I hope this means that he can come back with a full recovery.

I understand your gloominess, but my purpose for the post was to simply pass on my information for all to know on this forum, not to make the day any worse.

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I knew this would happen.

This whole season was cursed from the beginning.
    its the negative karma against Rocket legends.

1. Not giving Calvin Murphy his job back
    2. Not giving Turbo his job back

Thanks Les. Thanks.

11. yo

yo Member

Garbage.

You're diverting from the spirit of sports. Leave the strategy for the court. Excuse JVG for wanting them to play hard every game and not being afraid of taking on tougher challenges. So what if we make it past the first round - we still have 3 more to go - and chances are, with a new and unfinished team, the second round is probably as far as we go. I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean much to JVG, and it doesn't mean much to me personally, and I'm sure for a lot of fans as well. JVG has been there, done that, short of a championship. He's looking for more than getting past the first round.

12. firstlove

firstlove Member

i agree,and i think it's a good reason for rockets :p :p

13. firstlove

firstlove Member

u r too serious :)

14. pilipala

pilipala Member

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Member

Don't you think a move like that could be counter-productive?

How do you think Yao would react to that? Living a lie is not what he would consider honorable. The vehemence Yao should when he refused to be subbed after the ankle sprain showed Yao's passion to forge ahead.

Yao needed that more than anyone (playing through injuries and difficulties). If you force him then with a lame excuse to shut it down after that ankle injury you could be sending the wrong message to Yao and maybe other players as well as developing some bad culture and precendence (t-Mac's case was inevitable).

This was a freak accident - period. It could have happend a month ago or in the summer during the WC or worse the begining of next season. This time should be interepreted as the worse case scenario.

Here is hoping for injury free seasons for Yao and Mac from here on Yao.

P.S. Injury is contageous, Sura and his injury peddlers should have been cut during preseason. :)

16. Zach Kang

Zach Kang Member

Now Yao will miss the CNT's training camp in Europe in june...Thx to the stupid JVG!! :mad:

17. bulk

bulk Member

Dude, you better stop mentioning about CNT time after time. This is a Rockets board.

And for the benefit of Yao, Rockets and the CNT, Yao better stop playing in the coming 3 ~ 4 months. When a play get tired, he's more likely to get injured than normal.

Some just said, yeah, it happens. Nothing you can do. Well surely there's something you can do! Say if your've driven your car for a long way, non-stop, you'll pause and rest it coz you know it's possible for the engine to blow. Unless it's a crap car you don't care, then you say, yeah, car is to run, if the something crash down, it happens, no big deal.

A smart owner takes good care of his asset instead of exhausting it and give it UNECESSARY risk. You've got to have a long VISION!

That said, curse JVG or the organization for putting Yao out there tiring him out (he's been carrying the team night in and night out) and giving him the risk. Curse CNT if they play Yao this summer.

God bless Yao. God bless TMAC. God bless Rockets.

18. BigM

BigM Member

easily one of the dumbest posts i've ever read in the garm and that says alot.

19. maopaopao

maopaopao Member

JVG sucks! He should bench yao tonight.

20. The Real Shady

Hell yes!! If this is true then it is a brilliant move by JVG. Now Yao will not waste his energy playing at the CNT, and will be at full strength to begin next season for the Rockets.

I smell an MVP trophy for Yao next year.