1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo! Video] Kenny Smith predicts Rockets in 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Artesticles, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

well that because winning elimination games on the road are like shooting fish in a barrel to Kenny.

IF it goes to 7 I personally think the blazers may win, if its under 7 I go Rockets

#2 The_Yoyo, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  3. HtownForever

HtownForever Member

4. Precision340

Precision340 Member

no way this series go to 7 games.. i would be very surprised (and disappointed) if it did.. we match up pretty well with portland.. defense will be the key to shutting this young and energetic team down.. should be a fun series!! Rockets in 5

5. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I agree , game 7 will go to blazers, Rox have proven they are not clutch

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

Wow, I'm actually kinda surprised that he picked us. There aren't too many national media types who are picking us....simply because Portland is the young, upstart team who everyone wants to see take down the mighty Lakers. I feel like the rest of the nation is rooting against the Rockets, which is fine by me. You know Charles Fatley is DEFINITELY picking Portland in this series....there is no way he doesn't.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

:) Good point. Those Rockets could take care of business on the road.

I think more likely is Rockets in 6. Take one of the Games 1,2 or 5 and take care of business at home.

8. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

The thing is if we're in Game 7, that means Portland has defeated us 3 times already, so the concept of us matching up great with them is completely out the door. They would have extreme confidence in taking care of us in their home-court. I've always admired their fanbase from a distance. To me, they're the equivalent of St. Louis Cardinals fans in baseball. Intelligent, classy, and yet rowdy.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i feel like we can steal at least one game in portland.

rockets in 6.

10. ClutchCityReturns

The more I think about it, the less I mind starting on the road. Get the first game out of the way, work out the bugs, and maybe get a win in the process. Worst case scenario is they come home down 0-2, but that's expected. Come home 1-1 and it's a whole different series. 2-0 and I think it's curtains for the Blazers.

11. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

After blowing a 14 pt lead and losing by 11, I thought Kenny was generous when he says we win in 7. If you ask me before the Dallas lost I would of said sweep or 4-1 at most. Right now I say we take it in 6 or we don't take it at all. I will not be surprise if its another 1st rd exit.

12. RV6

RV6 Member

im not sure why they refer to houston as old, take deke out and we're one of the oyunger teams in the league...

13. RV6

RV6 Member

wait a minute, I just watched the video, Kenny DID NOT pick houston, he's just rooting for them to pull it off in the 7th game sinc ehe's an ex-rocket, but as an analyst he thinks portland will take it...

14. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

he didnt really pick us. at the end he said his logical pick is portland and he just gave us his "rooting" pick, the sentimental choice. he also said that he said that he feels whatever he picks is going to be wrong. seems kinda like a back handed slap in the face.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree with the sentiment that we can win the series but we can't win a game 7. Since we lost HCA I we've gotta win BEFORE game 7, that's all there is to it.

Still, i have faith in the guys. I am giddy for tomorrow. yes, I just said giddy.

16. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

win...

17. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

7 games. psh. We are going to blow them away in 5!

We will win games 1, 3 and 4 and then blow them out in game 5 on their home court.

18. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

::Flashbacks of 2005::

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

maybe so but that year the mavs were clearly the superior team i do not think anyone could say other wise. and that was before they changed the seeding rules so dallas who should have been the 3rd seed was actually the 4th. that year we should have played the nuggets with homecourt but didnt.

this year the 4/5 matchup is closer than anyone thinks and I think the rockets despite not having homecourt have a better shot at advancing.

much like the jazz last year did not have home court but were going to advance because the rockets were so injured...

20. alcatrazpsycho

My Prediction.

Game 1: Portland
    Game 2: Houston
    Game 3: Houston
    Game 4: Houston
    Game 5: Portland
    Game 6: Houston