1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Rockets Among Teams Interested in Draymond Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Possum

Possum Member

Dont hate Just because I made you look stupid a few times.

2. Possum

Possum Member

No it sounds dumb because it is.

3. Possum

Possum Member

You confused? No way!

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

DRAYMOND GREEN IS OVERRATED!

5. ipaman

ipaman Member

You're wrong. Once he gets the MAX, then you'll be right.

6. Mprice

Mprice Member

This.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Warriors send green a qualifying offer, making him a restricted free agent

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Do you know how good Rasheed Wallace was? It would be Green's dream to be like Rasheed.

9. baller4life315

Am I the only one that's not sure how to process our interest in Green?

Let me start off by saying this: there's no way GSW let's him walk. None. Everything I'm about to say is purely hypothetical.

What I can't decide is if I would pick Green over Love and Aldridge or not.

With Love and LMA, you're swinging for the fences. They're top-dollar superstars that can be go-to-guys in the halfcourt. Offensively, they would give us tremendous balance and definitely make life easier for Harden. Something, quite frankly, Harden deserves. Plus, it's no secret DM covets a third superstar.

....or you could go with Green. A guy that will probably end up making less money than Love or LMA, but in terms of fit is 100% EXACTLY what we're looking for (minus the ability to be a go-to-go scorer). He's a winner that loves to play uptempo ball. He can be 3&D when he needs to be, mix it up underneath the basket with opposing 4/5's or post up from time-to-time. He fills up the stat sheets, can guard multiple positions and is tough as nails. He's a winner. A leader. A catalyst. Arguably the difference between a 51 and 67 win team.

So, what do you do?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Green is a better fit for the Rockets with Dwight and Harden. Green is a better defender than Love and even Aldridge, especially switching off. Green is also tougher mentally and loves to run. That said, I agree that GSW will not let this guy get away. Ultimate role player but the kind every team needs.

11. Ratman

Ratman Member

Not worth the money. If we can get him we might as well go for aldridge or a point guard upgrade. I like our power forwards at the moment. We just gotta get ridda t-jones for something imo.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Right, playmaker that scores 11 pts and a rebounder that gets 8 rebs a game. If you had max money, you'd really pay Green over Love, Butler and LMA? :rolleyes:

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

GM Possum: "Find me some shootey shootey, lotsa points max guys and spend our money on them. Let all the invaluable Greens and Kawhis go, they ain't 20/10 super duper players. :("

14. T_Man

T_Man Member

Morey...

If I can have or want the player, than i'm going to make you pay for him...

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppp!!

[​IMG]

T_Man

15. don grahamleone

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8tbrLDA18C4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. baller4life315

You can roll your eyes all you want, but in the "land of hypotheticals" there's an argument to be made that a team that just made the Western Conference Finals might be better off with somebody like Green that you can just plug in and pick up where you left off, as opposed to a Love or LMA type that would require a new offense and system to be implemented.

That said, we're not getting Green and I'll be ecstatic if we're fortunate enough to land LMA. This is all "what if" talk.

17. ibm

ibm Member

of course we're interested. any good free agent we're probably interested, lol. but realistically, what is the probability, though?

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Draymond Green to meet with Warriors at midnight, nobody else if that goes well <a href="http://t.co/n3I1aTxDLD">http://t.co/n3I1aTxDLD</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/615860422210514945">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>