1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Rockets Among Teams Interested in Draymond Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Jun 28, 2015.

1. baller4life315

Amen.

He's Shawn Marion's versatility in Ron Artest's body with Bev's energy and tenacity. The type of player that you absolutely HATE to play against.

2. verysimplejason

Whaaaaat??? :eek: If he's dumb what will you call some(most) Rockets' players?

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Member

Whoa, Green's a very good player but the guy flops and cries as well as anyone in the league right now :p

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Thats actually a great comparison. Both overachievers and possible flops after their big payday.

5. verysimplejason

+1. This. Finally someone got it.

6. verysimplejason

Yup. Without Green, there'll be no small-ball for GSW.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Are there even any guarantees that the cap will made a sudden jump rather than a gradual annual increase?

Looked it up:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12711616/teams-told-nba-salary-cap-hit-100m-2017-18-season

Holy ****.

8. verysimplejason

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, it probably sounds dumb when you dont understand basketball and what is needed to win a title.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Green would be great in a Rockets uniform.

But it's not happening, so pointless to discuss.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Don't fret. Possum is a douchebag.
    Guy thinks he's a genius and everyone else is r****ded.

I see this guy attacking posters left and right.

#91 RedRedemption, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  12. count_dough-ku

The Warriors just picked up the option on Speights for next season. He's owed 3.8 mil. That surprised me a little bit. That means they really need to find a taker for Lee if they wanna match whatever offer Green gets.

13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I can see why people think this will happen but Draymond Green is far from a headcase or baskbetball illiterate like Stephenson. His bball IQ is off the charts even though he looks as dumb as can be.

The guy has been a glue guy in every sense of the word since he was a Freshman at MSU. He may not be the most talented but he makes up for it with bball smarts, desire, savvy, and practice. He was a HUGE reason why GSW was so good this year and if they lose him they will not win 57+ games without him.

In terms of players that lead to winning that aren't true superstars, he has to be up there as the most valuable glue guy around that contributes to the bottom line...winning.

I can't stand playing against the guy but he would be a godsend for a free flowing team like the Rockets that needs some smarts/savvy on offense and especially defense.

14. verysimplejason

I think they've got one already... It's not too hard to look for somebody to take Lee. He's an expiring contract. Low risk contract especially for tankers next season.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Teams are looking to spend big now to get cheap contracts when the cap increases next summer. Allowing Golden State to get rid of David Lee is not worth it.
    I pray tankers keep asking a high price for Lee. Don't help Golden State!

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's funny in a sad way, I always have to laugh at stupid or ignorant people like him, that don't know jack about a topic and then attack other people.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao this is gold. One of the most misinformed posters has read one of the dumbest things he's ever read. Does this mean what he read is actually intelligent, or double stupid? :):confused::)

18. verysimplejason

But it is what it is. Besides, there are lots of fishes to catch next year. Durant, those star free agents now that's taking less money for 1 year in exchange for next year's big money... Teams who's not lucky this year in the free agency sweepstakes will surely be takers of expiring contracts.

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Green isn't someone you can build your team around, obviously, but his impact is incredible. Chuck Hayes was a pretty great defender for us, so good that we had a hard time keeping him off the floor despite his height. He was also a pretty good passer for a big. Now imagine if he could score, run in transition, and shoot from downtown. That's Draymond Green.

Green would be the perfect PF for our team, but he should not be the target. I sure hope some team does manage to pry him from the Warriors, though, because they would not be able to replace him. And anything that weakens the Warriors helps us.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Draymond Green is coming off an impressive third season in the NBA, and when the 25-year-old becomes a restricted free agent on Wednesday, teams are expected to be interested.

And Green is expected to listen.

In addition to the Warriors, the Detroit Pistons, Atlanta Hawks and Houston Rockets are considering Green, according to a Yahoo Sports report.

"They said they wanted to keep me, but we will see what happens," Green told Yahoo Sports. "I don't know. I am not getting no pressure. There are no reports [of management] flying around right now [to see me]. There is really no need to feel pressure. Ain't nothing going on right now other than LeBron James and Kevin Love opted out."

Green, who made $915,243 this season, is due for a major raise and could fetch a max contract.

"At some point I will believe it. But it's like, 'Wow.' Who would have imagined this?" Green said. "You have these big goals. You hope this and hope that. You want to believe it, but it seems so far-fetched. To be in this moment, this position, it's like, 'Wow.' "

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/report-draymond-hear-all-offers-teams-interested