1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] McGrady finished in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 28, 2009.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lock if necessary, thanks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...g=aw-mcgradyrockets122809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

In before the "Yahoo Sports has no cred" whiners.

3. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

To Tmac from Clutchfans:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3354flS1KJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3354flS1KJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

that signals the end of it.. Y! sports has been right all along.. Clutch's tweet said the same thing..

its over.

and looks like the management unnecessarily messed this up?

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I don't get what is so hard to understand about Adelman giving Tracy eight minutes at a time. That's plenty of time to prove your worth and your health. McGrady was unable to make the most of those minutes so the team sent him on his way. I will admit if he plays again for the Rockets that this move will be a real head-scratcher but until then I don't see what is confusing about this.

6. RV6

RV6 Member

wouldnt be the first time something they reported was refuted by the team and tmac...i'll wait , it's just two or three days anyway, befored iving into this topic.

7. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Hope this info is false....I really don't wanna see T-Mac leaving.....at least if he does i hope he goes
    somewhere where he'll be more appreaciated, and happy with himself. T-MAC FAN 4EVER!

8. Zboy

Zboy Member

Why 8 minutes? Why not 7? It is strange that he chose 8.

9. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

according to some here, all he needs is 33 seconds/game.

10. Zboy

Zboy Member

But the shot clock is set for 24 seconds. Microfracture surgey?

1 person likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This thread is going to get ugly and I predict a minimum of 20 pages and 100 DD posts.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't know, didn't Yahoo say he was done in Houston before he had his 8 min rotation?

I don't get what the management is trying to do anymore. This isn't a showcase, but it's not entirely integrating McGrady in the rotation. I think the management messed up bad this time.

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Member

Well, like someone said in one of the many other threads saying the same thing, just because they want the trade doesn't mean that two (or more) teams can come to an agreement to make it happen. We'll just have to see.

I think it's better to get him back and playing, but if they can bring someone in to do what he does, then I'm for it.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

I think it was like 6-8 minutes a game.

most of the time the coach inserted in at the first dead ball with 8 mins left to go, sometimes that wouldnt happen until the mandatory 6 min tv timeout.

also 8 minutes is 2/3 of a quarter maybe that played into it?

15. emjohn

emjohn Member

Awfully interesting, though not shocking, if true. I'd be ecstatic if we got Martin.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think this was a combination of a showcase and an opportunity for him to try to change the mind of management about trading him. Worst case scenario (which is what happened) is he proved he is healthy enough to get up and down the court even if he was not that effective.

17. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Highly improbable . I think we are set to roll with what we have for this year.. I am just expecting a few minor trades to happen.

T-Mac is going to struggle big time to land another contract.

18. raj87

raj87 Member

Yet another article full of trashy rumours and uninformed speculation, based on information from unnamed sources.

Kindly note, that if the Rocket's run into a slump, and begin to lose games consistently, Tracy McGrady will be mysteriously declared "recovered, and ready to contribute 30 minutes a game".

19. Zboy

Zboy Member

This is getting very complicated. I think its easier for Adelman to give all the minutes to Ariza. He must not be very good in maths.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You haven't been paying attention, have you?