1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox 360 Spring Update Detailed; 360 Gets Keyboard Controller

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Apr 8, 2007.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/story.php?sid=6168686&part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6168686
    Video here:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nwd00FGpKrU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nwd00FGpKrU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/story.php?sid=6168676&part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6168676
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

That's a cool keyboard but no one under the age of 30 uses MSN messaging.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

Gamespot pulled the stories BTW. The pictures still work though.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That controller cant be comfortable...

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

Better than these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

It doesn't look any different than what you can play with now?

7. bladeage

bladeage Member

nice, it looks like my sidekick keyboard.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is humorous... we had PC's... then the modern console boys came in... then we had a war between PC gamers and console gamers as to which platform was better... now consoles are pimping keyboards... end result : consoles are starting to look like PC's - a box with a keyboard - but with less overall functionality. ;)

9. Uprising

Uprising Member

Why don't they just make it so you can plug in a microsoft keyboard through USB or something? Or use one of their wireless keyboards? They afraid people will start using those and mice instead of the controllers?

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

You can use a USB keyboard IIRC (probably a wireless one too). Although I don't think you can use it for games, just for chat and stuff like that.

Sony has actually allowed use of M&KB controls in both the PS2 and PS3 I believe, although not many developers really used it (or are using it). Mostly just Epic I believe (UT on the PS2 and UT2K7 on the PS3 both allow for M&KB control IIRC).

11. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Member

can you use a mouse with xbox360?

12. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

I don't think so. There would be little point anyway since they would only allow it outside of games AFAIK, and there's not much use for a mouse outside of games. At least none that I can think of at the moment.

Of course, if you're able to hack it, you might be able to use a mouse and use it for something useful. Maybe Linux or something, assuming that is possible on the 360 (if it isn't already).