1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[WTF] Man throws himself, 3 year old son off the roof of a 52-story apartment in NY

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Dec 23, 2013.

1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I don't understand the logic in this at all. So the dude was grieving that he lost custody of his son....so...kill him? IDK man. This **** pisses me off. To me this is all about hurting the mother. Special place in brimstone for this dude imo. The pain this woman must be feeling right now. Horrible. Why?? Incomprehensible. :mad: :mad: :(
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/2...himself-off-52-story-manhattan-building-roof/

NEW YORK – A man involved in a custody dispute who was supposed to turn his 3-year-old son over to the boy's mother Sunday instead threw the child off the roof of a 52-story Manhattan apartment building before jumping to his death, police said.

Officers responding to an emergency call reporting two jumpers from the building on the Upper West Side around noon Sunday found Dmitriy Kanarikov, 35, of Brooklyn, and the boy on the lower rooftops of two separate nearby buildings.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene and his son, Kirill Kanarikov, was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, police said.

The boy's mother had custody of the child and the father, who had visiting rights, was supposed to hand the boy over to the mother at a police precinct Sunday afternoon, authorities said.

Luis Ortiz told the New York Post that he was at the hospital when paramedics rushed the boy there and that they were pumping his chest and working on him.

"You could tell he was slipping away. They said the father was up there, but they didn't bring anyone else in. It was just heartbreaking. I have two kids of my own. They tried to do the best they could," Ortiz told the newspaper.

Authorities said the father did not live in the building listed as South Park Tower, which is a short distance away from Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center.

Police investigating the deaths left the building in the mid-afternoon to photograph a gray Lexus RX350 parked nearby.

It's the second time this year that a parent and child have been involved in a fatal plunge from a New York apartment building.

In March, a woman clutching her baby son in her arms plunged eight stories out of a Harlem apartment window to her death, but the 10-month-old survived. Authorities found a suicide note in her home.

2. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

very sad indeed.

this came to mind...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Fr03j0Ec2G0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. dragician

dragician Member

it's a jungle out there...

4. ILoveWhiteGirls

Beyond comprehension. This is a sick sick world.

5. Andrew Wiggins

It sounds like the baby would have been better off with the mom (maybe the father would have spoiled the kid), but I doubt she loved the kid enough to do the same. You can't just assume he did this to get revenge on the wife. If it was a girl then I would say yes.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why start a thread about this?

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

There are 7 billion people in the world. If even .01% are bat-**** insane, that is 700,000 crazies walking around. I think we all know the failure rate is much higher than that.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Has Justine Sacco commented on it yet?

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The worst part is that the kid survived the fall and didnt die immediately...so basically, he had to suffer before his death. That's ****ed up.

10. ILoveWhiteGirls

Billion, that's a lot right?

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

WTF are you talking about? I'm pretty damn sure the baby would have been better off with the mom. The father did a lot worse than spoil the kid. Serious question - are you mentally r****ded?

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Don't go killing your kids ok? That does NOT mean you love them more.

13. Andrew Wiggins

You need to stop swearing at me and calling me r****ded. This bothers me, "To me this is all about hurting the mother." OP should not assume that. If the ex knew how much he cared about his son and could not live without him then she should have let him take care of him and if things didn't work out then take him back.

I never said he would have been better off with the father either. You just want to be mad at what I posted.

All I'm saying is you don't know what was going on in in this guy's head. What if he did this for all the poor bastards out there who lose their kids in custody battles because they were born without a uterus. In his mind he is making a statement. It's damn near impossible to win a custody battle based on love and care.

Some of you are so inept. I am not trying to commending the man in any way...but the fact that it must have been the worst minutes of his life is something that you guys would never consider.

14. Andrew Wiggins

fixed. So much anger from D&D posters and the hangout lately too.

15. Svpernaut

Dude, WTF are you smoking?

Worst minutes of his life? He is a grown-ass man. Nut up and deal with the problems life throws at you. He lost custody of his kid, hardly the end of the world. Tossing your kid that you "love" off a building proves just how much you love them? That isn't love, it is lunacy - and the fact that you are defending him is why people are name calling. Your stance is that ridiculous. HE HORRIFICALLY MURDERED AN INNOCENT KID!

Your argument is about on par with a dude that murders his girlfriend or wife because he "loves them so much" that he can't stand to see them with someone else.

16. Svpernaut

D&D posters has nothing to do with you trying to defend a man that murders a defenseless child. Saying that "he must have really loved that kid" yet murdered him, is just stupid.

17. Andrew Wiggins

STFU r****d.

See, I can do it too. My reason is you didn't even read my entire post.

I never said he loved him more, but I SAID I DOUBT SHE LOVES THE KID ENOUGH TO TAKE HER OWN LIFE. That is the hardest thing anyone can do.

18. Andrew Wiggins

Just keep putting words in my mouth.

19. Svpernaut

The fact that you don't see the absurdity in this statement is baffling. He didn't have to kill himself. Killing himself was the easy way out.

Nearly any parent would take a bullet for their child, dying to protect your child comes naturally. He didn't die to protect his child, he died because he was a selfish *******.

20. liljojo

liljojo Member

You're sympathizing with a man who threw his kid off a building.

You can say it any way you want, you're not going to come out on top in this discussion.