1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, May 11, 2014.

?

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

1. Yes

18.5%
  2. No

81.5%
  1. ashiin

ashiin Member

If I wanted to do it based off of race I would have left after Yao Ming retired.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

61% would stop following!??!... smh

LOFs everywhere!

3. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Like it or not, Lin is a very popular player. Of course, because of his ethnicity, he's very popular with Asian audiences, but his unique story and rapid ascent to fame gained him many fans in general, not just Asians. However, for whatever reason, he was never fully embraced by all Rockets fans. Maybe it's because of the whole deal of initially cutting him and then the embarassment of being one of the teams to cut him, when Linsanity exploded, and then resigning him on the poison pill contract, who knows. Whatever the reason, fair or unfair, a significant amount of Rockets fans have treated Lin like an outsider and no matter how well he does in a Rockets shirt, they weren't going to budge from this stance.

As an international NBA fan and Lin fan, I began to watch Rockets games only because of Lin. I guess this is true for many who wanted to follow the man who gave us Linsanity. Without knowing the figures, I would hazard a guess and say the traffic on sites like Clutchfans has swelled a lot with users from Asia and around the World, since Lin signed, as well as more game broadcast views and purchases of Rockets merchandise, from these regions.

Asia is a booming region and has relatively few Asian sports stars, so naturally somebody like Lin would draw great interest from Asian sports fans. However, I think due to the significant anti-Lin sentiment that is evident in places like CF, it's hard for international fans, who started watching Rockets games because of Lin, to fully get behind the Rockets, when quite a number of Rockets fans make it their mission to troll Lin fans, and even Clutch himself can sometimes be put into this camp. I'm sure the more beligerent trolls don't care how they are perceived but they are not portraying a good image for other Rockets fans who do not act so immaturely.

I can only speak for myself and say that should Lin leave this close season, it would be unlikely I would continue to watch every Rockets games, as I do now, but might catch the occasional game, now and then. I'm not anti-Rockets but without the attraction of watching Lin play in Rockets games, I doubt I would be compelled enough to follow Rockets games closely, although I must admit I have grown to like players such Bev, DMo and Howard more. But as an international fan with no affiliation to Houston, and in particular as a Lin fan, it's hard to form a rapport to the Rockets organisation when the general attitude towards fans like myself is scorn and ridicule. I'm mature enough to not tar every Rockets fans as trolls and there are many good Rockets fans on CF who are both informative and insightful.

I guess as a Lin fan, the only thing I can agree on with LOHs is that we want him traded elsewhere. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for this to happen.

1 person likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Yao Ming > Lin
    = always
    =forever

5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

locusts

6. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

We will be so much better after he is gone. A major hole in our team will be turned into a strength.

And the board can return to some semblance of normalcy.

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Peace out Lin fans!

Yao > Lin

Jackie Chan > Lin

Jesus > Lin
    [​IMG]

8. BlastOff!

BlastOff! Member

I'm pretty sure it's just people trolling with the vote, I highly doubt they're serious.

9. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Every game Portland gets dominated and raped by the Spurs makes me more and more upset how useless the Rockets"system" of isoball is. If Lin went to like the Spurs I'd be the biggest Spurs because at least they have a teamball system with great plays but as of now I still hate them and hope the Rockets learn and watch how the Spurs play to become better for next season.

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

the Spurs have Tony Parker.

If Lin went to the Spurs, he wouldn't start.. EVER.

11. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

People are more mad that the orginazation is playing a bench player 1.5 mil a year less than Rondo. Also that we gave up Dragic, a better player who makes less, for him. If he mad 4 mil a year, no one would care.

12. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Paying, not playing.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Will watch all rockets games next year.

But hoping Lin is traded, rockets will have cap space, I can grab league pass to keep up with Lin, rockets are the worse team Lin could be on. I'll say that agin rockets are the worse team he could play on

14. PatBeverleyFan

Lin getting traded will be good for Lin and the Rockets. LOF and LOH will all be happy! :)

15. HOUSTONROCKETS5

HELL NO!

I followed the rockets since I was a kid, there's no way in hell

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lin should be gone this offseason, so you guys who answered yes should just say your goodbye's now.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Outside of Asians, hardly anybody gives a care about Lin. Being Asian is the sole reason for his huge popularity.

I hope he gets traded so people like you will leave CF for good.

1 person likes this.
  18. Baltimore

Baltimore Member

Of course I will. Because I know.

I was really sad when Yao retired and had said that I might not follow the Rockets that closely any more, might only be able to watch 60-70 percent of Rockets games. But actually I still watched 90 percent of the games. I broke my laptop during the late season collapse of 11-12 when I slammed it when the Rockets lost several critical games in a row near the end of the season, and when Mchale insisted playing Luis (btw, I love him as a Rocket) and PP instead of Camby and the Bear. I scared my 4 year old and wife was mad, I had to sleep on the couch for one week.

So you see, I know I will, only I also know that I will be upset a lot of times knowing The Rockets will not likely go far in the playoff when it matters the most. I don't quite enjoy Howard's post up game, I am upset and wondering why he and COs do not play as many p&r as possible because they are actually so good at it. I don't like Harden's isoball, oh, I hate his eyeball defense. Really really hate!

But what else can I do? Let me have some little plan about it: Since it seems that we are to be stuck with Mchale for one more year, I will get rid of the league pass for now. I won't follow the Rockets that closely (again, if I could) because I promised my wife that I will not break another laptop when watching the Rockets. After watching the Spurs playing the Trailblazers, god, How I wish Pop is our coach!

Oh, btw, I wish Morey traded Jeremy Lin, for everybody's sake. And to be honest, I will also follow whichever team Lin would be on.

#58 Baltimore, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  19. ish1973

ish1973 Member

Rockets have not much attraction for me living in Hong Kong without Lin playing. Good coach? Good team? Good players? Good game plans? So not surprised with the result. I will probably keep track of Rockets' game results in order to make sure that Lin's new team is more successful than his old one.

20. FANfrom86toNow

Nice post. I signed in just to respond to it, after I said I wouldn't sign in all offseason until we got another star or finally fired Milk Hair.

I would rather read a post like this, than dumb shet by people like Tinfoil any day of the week. Posters like Tinfoil and LOH trolls make me ashamed to be associated with them as a Houstonian or Houston Rockets fan.

I will follow the Rockets probably till I die, because they were my first basketball team that I became a fan of, and the only one that I have been a fan of my entire life. But the organization as it is today does not attract me like it used to, even during the losing years. Morey has finally turned me off with this decision to keep Milk Hair.

I like Jeremy because of his underdog story, and I'm no where close to being young or an asian. If Jeremy leaves, I will watch him to see how he does in a different environment, only because I believe that under a better coaching system, he will be a much better player; which reinforces that we could have been a much better team this year with a better coaching staff.

I won't stop watching the Rockets or being a fan of the Rockets because Lin is traded, but I could very well see myself doing so if/when Milk Hair is brought back, especially if he is ultimately given an extension to coach the team for even more years than next year.

I don't dislike Milk Hair as a person, but as a coach, I HATE HIM for the Houston Rockets. He was a celtic and we lost in the finals to him and his team in 86. I didn't like him then and I don't like him now. I will honestly consider finding another team to route for along with the Rockets next year if he is coaching, because I know that ultimately, if he is the coach, unless we have five all stars at ever position, he will do something stupid to keep us from winning it all.

My trust and like of Les as an owner and Morey as a GM has diminished GREATLY with the decision to bring back McFail Milk Hair for another season!