1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you do a trade of Ryan Anderson for Melo still?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jun 1, 2018.

?

Would ya?

1. Yup - Get Rid of Ryno

142 vote(s)
    71.7%
  2. Nah- Melo is a cancer. At least Ryno will DNP without being a distraction.

56 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Straight up ryan + filler for melo. Would get us a 1 year cancer contract rather than a 2 year cancer contract. I honestly don't know what to think.

I don't want to drink offseason melo kool-aid again but I also really want to find a way to realistically get rid of Anderson. Maybe Melo would've helped in a game 7. Maybe Melo would be better without russ. I mean Clutchfans always likes to make the argument that Russ neuters players.

I'm on the fence. I'd def do it if it meant having a better chance to get Lebron.

roslolian, BigggReddd, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yup. Melo can get his own shot, has a post game and isnt scared to shoot the ball.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Fixed that for you.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo is a liability against GS, he can’t execute this switching scheme, and he’s not comfortable just being a spot up shooter on offense

Melo can get his own shot, but what good is that when he can only get off a contested midrange jumper and is so inefficient creating his own offense?

Melo looked so bad against Utah...u can at least park Ryno’s useless ass on the bench with no drama

lnchan, JazzLakerHater, Bo6 and 7 others like this.
  5. macan

macan Member

melo can create his own shots when our 3s ain't falling, so the answer is yes. they both trash on defense tho.
    hope we can get better options out there

kjayp likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Honestly? I don't really know for sure, for as bad as Melo has been/is, i still think he would do better here because you know...OKC fit was meh, Westbrook etc...and because it takes a little to give us something more than what Anderson did for most of the season.

But then, i think about who's playing the 4 here now, and well, i'd never take PJ out of the lineup to give that spot to Melo, so, i'd say no in the end, also cause Ryan's contract can be used even next year to match an incoming 20/30M contract, and since we're probably going to operate over the cap going forward...

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Your poll answered it for us!... **** no!

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

No brainer... better to have a chucker - than somebody that wont even chuck it up period...

As far as Melo being a cancer or a distraction... if that happens then send him home - worst case scenario you'd still end up with the same level of productivity as you would from Ryan sittin on the bench...

#8 kjayp, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    macan likes this.
  9. kjayp

also, Melo could maybe be the guy to get some points in the paint when the 3 ball aint fallin... it'd be nice to have another option than just continuing to heave up 27 missed 3 pointers in a row... jus sayin...

roslolian and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

One year shorter on his contract. Bring him on.

kjayp likes this.
  11. photojoe

photojoe Member

Melo has one year less on his contract.

If we aren't able to get Lebron or Paul George, then sure. Trade for Melo, keep him on the bench, and then we get the money off our salary cap sooner

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’ve always said this is the realistic trade.

Melo has a NTC and would probably accept a trade here.

Ryan would be a perfect floor spacer for Westbrook.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Can we do this trade and then stretch Melo?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ditto. Melo in Games 6 or 7 would have been fine.

Cancer? He’s angling for a trade. CP3 v Russ for Melo performance? Heck yeah.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's tough to decide between a guy who lost all confidence in his game apparently, but didn't seem like he complained when he was benched vs. a guy who won't lose any confidence in his game despite his decline and demands to be thought of as nothing less than a starter who deserves shots. Given the choice, I'd probably take the former but want neither.

16. kjayp

From your lips to Presti's ear! lol

roslolian likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. rather not have a guy who has always thought about himself first before the actual team and hes terrible now so it makes it that much worse

red5rocket and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Strictly on contract alone you have to do it. When it mattered, Ryno was a no show during the playoffs. I would rather have 1 year of no show than 2. Heck, you can buy out Melo if you have to.

roslolian likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm no certified capologist, but one year is less than two years.