1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you cry if a Paul Pierce situation happened to us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, May 16, 2015.

1. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

I think I would honestly cry... that swing of emotions would be brutal.

Imagine it's 102-101 and Harden does his iso step back jumper at the buzzer for the win and the home crowd goes nuts. Then, the replay shows it on his fingertips at 0.1 and it's overturned.

Honestly, I think I'd cry. Or break something. Or both.

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

BAH! why WOULD you EVEN...ack I cant, just. urgh.

3. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

this might be worse than the lillard tbh

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Couldn't be much worse than this, could it?

[​IMG]

5. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Dont even wanna think about it

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Last year sucked, no doubt about it. But to have a game winner taken away...that's rough.

I mean he hit a game winner in another game (I called game), a go ahead bucket in another (I call series, mistakenly haha), and then this one that is waved off...

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

why would you post that? and not spoiler it at least? OR why at all? wtf kind of thread is this?

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

9. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Yes. I'll also cry if the Rockets win Sunday and go to the West Finals....

10. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I think it was karma, he was a douche with every big shot he hit. His biggest shot of the season and it gets taken away... lol.
    I personally prefer the demeanor Rose had when he had hit the shot in game 3 of the cav's bulls series.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

cheke64 would throw a parade

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

That shot and time after it was completely brutal but reflecting back on it, I feel like that shot sped up our growth in our players and made us take a long hard look at ourselves and the team for the better.

Just think about how the Rockets were before that shot to how it is now.

We went from:
    - A team with a roster that was so offensively minded that the defense was totally non-existent the whole series to a team that now, while there are moments of horrendous defense, can be pretty stout defensively.
    - A team that was so confident and arrogant that they felt that a championship was going to be given to them on a silver platter to a team that knows its an underdog (or even a villain) and embraces it.
    - Harden who gave zero effort defensively to a Harden that (for the most part) gives an honest to good effort on defense. Same goes for leadership.
    - A team that lacked any sort of real championship leadership to a team that features 3 rotational players who have won championships and competed in high level games in the playoffs.

Not saying would ever want that shot to ever happen to the Rockets again but that shot really made us change our identity, and for the better in my opinion.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Meh... I didn't expect the Rockets to win a title this year, just too many holes and I think they will need another season to gel. While it would be terrible, it would tell me that we are getting really close by coming up 1 point short of the WCF. The Rockets should be even better next year if they are healthy. They have trade assets and young players that will help bring in help at the 1 & 5. For example, imagine the current Rockets team with Lawson at point guard and a veteran 4 or at worst, a healthy DMO.

That 19 point comeback meant a lot to me and also told me a lot about the character of the Rockets and McHale.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know he Rockets were the team that was screwed over by NOT HAVING Instant Replay right?? It started with the Rockets vs Spurs.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/millennium_index.html

(April 25, 1993) The Rockets needed to beat the Spurs to clinch the No. 2 seed in the 1993 Western Conference playoffs. They should have won, but a blown call gave them a 119-117 loss and home-court advantage for just the first round. The Rockets were leading 109-107 in the fourth quarter, when David Robinson tipped in a miss to send the game to overtime. Replays later showed the tip was after time had expired. In the 1993 Western Conference Semifinals, the Rockets lost 4-3 to the Seattle SuperSonics with the home team winning every game. Several Rockets players pointed to the San Antonio game as the inspiration for their 15-0 start to the 1993-94 season.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

please I cried in game 6 last year and this years! So yeah. Thug tears.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Nah but I would be pretty pissed off. Still I prefer to lose in the buzzer with a shot taken away than to a blowout that the team has given up half way in the second quarter.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I am more likely to cry in this scenario.

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

This gif should be permanently banned from Clutchfans

19. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Game is just game, u guys should live like a health man!
    Donn't cry, my baby!

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

If the Rockets left it all on the court, then I can't even be mad.