1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you be ok with Morey trading the Knicks 2nd rounder for Trey Burke?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, Apr 11, 2015.

1. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

utah's asking price will be much higher than that...

3. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

4. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

the thunder didnt give up much for Kanter did they

5. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Kanter was a complete cancer and defensive liability. Burke shows some semblance of being an actual good player. Man you people really think they gonna trade him for a 2nd rounder?

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Kanter is a RFA and would have walked, Burke is locked up for another two years before becoming a RFA

7. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Utah definitely wouldn't give up Burke for a second rounder but most Jazz fans consider him a bust. A chucker. They would unload him for much less than you'd expect.

They're starting Dante Exum over him. Lol.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If I remember right we inquired about Burke during the draft? Don't know whom mentioned that but I want to say it was dropped.

Burke is fine and all but why? Needs to be a top flight NBA point guard or Sergio Llull. James Harden is going to be even more awesome when we put another offensive stud on the floor next to him.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm high on burke…..he's very inconsistent and still hasn't figured the PG position out, but the talent is there…..gonna take more than that 2nd rounder though

10. 9baller

9baller Member

At first glance I thought the title said, "Would you be ok with trading Morey to the Knicks..."

11. MONON

MONON Member

I don't know if I'm all in or not, but he is shooting 75% from the line this year! Now if he was 7-1 instead of 6-1, we'd be in business.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trey Burke is on his way out of Utah because "rantsports" say so?

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

think about the difference that guys with championship experience made for us this year: ariza, brewer, terry...

i think we should look at more of those type of players, and less of the inexperienced types.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly.

We don't have use for experiments or potential, we need proven guys now.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It depends if we really have a legit shot at bringing Llull over from Europe

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Random trade idea, eh?

Anyway I haven't been following Burke but isn't he an astoundingly bad shooter? Wasn't he labeled the "new Josh Smith" because he shoots and misses so many bad shots?

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

only if the knicks are stupid enough to do it. with phil thats highly unlikely

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we also have a lot of young guys coming up. nick, KJ, papa, TJ, dmo, capela, pels pick, knicks second pick, etc... that's not what we need more of.

if we are looking at low end options at PG, i'd rather have chalmers than burke. chalmers doesn't put up big numbers, and was the whipping boy for a few years in miami, but guess what? dude won 2 rings and went to the finals 4 times as the starting PG playing 30mpg and being used in the SAME ROLE we would want him to do here... 3 and D. for all of his faults, he knows how to play in big games, which means playing without making mistakes (like careless turnovers and bad shots), and he's comfortable stepping up in big moments.

i'd consider him an upgrade from beverley, and he's probably on a cheaper contract than beverley will get. but that's if we are looking at low-end options.