1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Dirk Nowitzki consider leaving Dallas?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by djohn2o12, Apr 25, 2010.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dirk isn't weaker than McGrady. You have it switched around. He's led the Mavs to several playoff series wins, including a trip to the Finals. McSissy ain't done none of that. He didn't play great last night, but Dirk has often been a warrior in the playoffs and carried the Mavs on his back. And Dirk doesn't open his big, stinkin' mouth nearly as much as McSissy and talked about he how "imposed his will" on games.

Dirk >>>>>> McSissy, very obviously.

2. Chinesexiaohai

Htown,best choice~ :p

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Everyone talking bad about dirk and if he came to houston they would jump on the bandwagon and would drool all over the floor after seeing how good he is. He's my favorite player and i wish we had him.

Imagine

Lowry
    Martin
    Ariza
    Dirk
    Yao

( didnt include brooks since if we ever did get dirk im sure he would be traded as part of the deal)

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Cuban didn't let Jamison leave, Jamison wanted to leave because he didn't want to be the sixth man for another season.

5. GetRed

GetRed Member

Battier will probably be included in any trade and Yao won't be on the floor enough minutes to jump right into that spot. Leaving Dirk the "leader"

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

No way Jirk leaves Dallas. I don't know how this is even a discussion.

Jirk is a douche as far as I'm concerned so the only other place besides Dallas that he might fit in is New Jersey. I would love to see him end up in Minnesota or Indiana and slowly fade into oblivion.

7. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

f dirk hes softer than charmin tissue

i cant believe alot of yall want the enemy on our team.. hes not a guy u say 'hey will us to a chamopionship' hes TOO SOFT

fairweather fans? eh if it looks like a duck...

8. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

WAT?

ur seriously on somethin mentioning DM

9. Steve_Francis_rules

What a joke. T-Mac can only dream about the type of playoff success Dirk has led his team to, including once at T-Mac's expense.

10. PeppermintCandy

A Nowitzki/Yao frontcourt would be good enough for a ring. Will never happen though.

11. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

You are right, but it's exact the reason Cuban won't do it.

Lowry
    Martin
    Ariza
    Dirk
    Yao

It's such a balanced team.

12. GetRed

GetRed Member

WINNER!!!!!

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Member

Some of you people are trippin if you dont think dirk would improve our team. I would love to have Dirk but I know it'll never happen.

14. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I think Dirk will actually.He's playing with alot of frustration and I'm pretty sure I can find an article where he said he'd test the FA waters

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

LOL i know, dirk on the team man we would have the top team in the west IMO

Like i said

Lowry
    Martin
    Ariza
    Dirk
    Yao
    :eek:

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Member

I dont think Lowry is ready to run this team. He needs to be more of a consistent shooter from the outside.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

so you'd rather lowry shoot instead of dirk, yao, and martin?

18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Member

No? When Yao gets double teamed someone is going to be open and it wont be Dirk or Martin because those would be our best shooters. Lowry or Ariza would be open. Lowry outside shot is piss poor and he needs to improve that part of his game to become a start in the NBA. Just my opinion though.

If you put AB in the mix the only guy they can really help off of is Ariza and he is a streaky shooter but much better than Lowry.

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Yea thats really his only flaw. I mean imagine a high low of dirk and yao? Dirk either hits the jumper or yao has a lay up, hook or his turn around jumper :( ( miss seeing that all season)

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Dirk and the Mavericks problem is they have no other play makers for Dirk to play off of. I personally think the Mavericks have one of the worst half court offenses in the league.

The offensive scheme is basically to dump it in the post to dirk, hope for a double team to get a three point shot and if they dont double dirk will be able to get a shot off. If they had a wing that could create off the dribble then it would free up the offense quite a bit. Kidd is a great floor general but he is no longer able to cut into the defense like he used to be able to.

Personally I could care less if the Mavericks keep him or not but its not Dirk that is the problem, its a lack of continuity with his supporting cast. Dirk is not going anywhere, he will stick it out till they dump everyone else on the team by the end of next year.