1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would a yao-less tmac-less team make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 17, 2009.

1. francexplosn

francexplosn Member

no way! unless they keep the playoff intensity for the whole year. that's impossible and it'll also cause a lot of injuries.

2. A13

A13 Member

I say Yes, IF they shoot everynight more than 50%.

3. ibm

ibm Member

and outscore the opponents every single night. :p

4. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

Maybe a NCAA team may make it .Because there is no series !

5. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

no, not enough scoring on this team without them to win enough games.

6. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Member

Yes. If everyone else is healthy

7. michecon

michecon Member

That's exactly right.

Check out point differentials in win-loss against Lakers in the series. Some of them actually believe that kind of intensity or shooting percentage is sustainable, or Deke can start and survive 82 games.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'd say close to 0 percent chance. without Yao and tmac, you dont have a go to guy on offence, and the style of playing becomes really inconsistent. (as seen during lakers series). during game 5 and 7 against lakers i feel like the team doesnt know what to do on offence, and then ending up giving the ball to artest..

9. durvasa

durvasa Member

They went 2-2 against the Lakers without Yao or Tracy, with Artest slumping horribly, and with Von Wafer being virtually a non-factor. It's not like everything was going right for them in their wins. They beat the Hornets in New Orleans without Yao or Tracy as well.

The way they compete and defend, they'd be good enough to win 45+ games or so if they were fortunate enough to stay completely healthy. More realistically, factoring in the inevitable injuries, I think they'd be about a 40 win team. Good enough for the East, but not the West.

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

So this means we aren't starting Chuck Hayes at the 5 and have more than Landry off the bench as a big??

If that were the case, I think we could, provided everybody played 75+ games. Our defense is just that good. And the glaring holes exposed in LA would be gone with a legit 5 to snare some rebounds and put back some dunks. Not to mention teams would not have as much of an opportunity to game plan against us as the Lakers did. That's something we fail to realize sometimes is that they had over a week to fine tune the gameplan for us with no height.

11. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

No offence but I thought you were a troll.

Contributing member status doesnt mean much I dont think.