1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst case scenario

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vcchlw, Sep 28, 2006.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I see lots of optimism rite here after the acquision of Bonzi Wells. I understand Rockets have added lots of talents, youth and experience to the team but we still haven't played any game yet. Saying the team can win it all is way too premature and as much as I hate to say it, this team (led by Yao and T-Mac) still hasn't got past the first round of a playoff.

How about if...

- VSpan is no better than Beno Udrich?
    - Lucas is as good(bad?) as Andre Barret?
    - Synder can only play D but couldn't shoot a jumper to save his ass?
    - Head haven't improved much?
    - Battier isn't the solution at the 4 who could defend the likes of Duncan, Dirk, Marion, Brand?
    - Wells doesn't work well with JVG and become another Derek Anderson?

Even if Yao and T-Mac remain healthy, I couldn't imagine how far this team can go with a crippled Juwan, aged Mutombo, Rafer the non-shooter, "rookie" Head, mediocre Battier and unmotivated Wells......

Nevertheless I believe it's unlikely to happen all together. If it does, I still see Rockets as a borderline playoff team, given Yao and T-Mac are healthy. But then the team would have a long way to go before becoming a real title contender.

2. Omer

Omer Member

Thanks for making people feel bad in the midst of all this excitement.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

A pessimistic SOB

just my kinda guy!

we should do lunch.

4. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

:mad: :rolleyes:

I corrected your post.

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Who let Mark Cuban into the GARM. Post this crap on the Mavs fan site.

6. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Believe me, I am as excited as anybody with the new acquisions. But at the same time, I don't want to repeat the disappointments on Stromile Swift, Derek Anderson, Rafer Alston last year.

Anyway, I am ready to be disregarded in the celebration in the BBS. Just wonder if there are some "cool heads".

7. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

ok Debbie Downer. We get it. You think we need to get a whole new team. That just isn't feasible. Neither was signing Bonzi for 2.5 mil a year. But we pulled it off.

8. KGHossman

KGHossman Member

I know I'm a rook, and I can't start my own thread yet, but this is the best thread for me to express my excitement for this upcoming season. Is anyone else as excited as me about what we can do as a team defensively next year?? Snyder, Wells, and Battier are all really stout defenders, and with them on the floor with Tmac and Yao, we would have a pretty impressive defense.

Imagine if we ran a press with TMac, Snyder, Wells, with Battier and Yao holding it down in the paint. It would be pretty hard to score, much less get a shot off against those 5. Just a rookies POV.

9. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

potentialy the best starting lineup + promising young talent i have ever seen the Rockets start a season with.......and you gotsta bring up the negative BS.........HOW ABOUT LETS BE POSITIVE!!!!.....and support our team like we we were( or at least I was) supossed to do....from the day I was born. We really don't have time for your negativity........so go blame your wife for cheating on you again(even though she has been sitting on your couch for the past 10 years) and give her the f$%&^*ing benefit of the doubt......GO F'in ROCKETS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

10. kawins

kawins Member

The OP has insulted us Rox fans' collective intelligence, indicating no one is actually prepared for the worst case while celebrating our new exciting squad. He should get a neg rep if there's such system in this bbs.

11. jintian0411

jintian0411 Member

lets be positive pls!

12. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

i agree. you normally can't turn a team around in one offseason. that's why i think that the signing of bonzi wells is probably not so good in the long run. he's probably gone after one year and then we are in the same situation we were a couple of days ago. we have to rely on unproven talent.

and your worst case szenario? i don't even think it is really a worst case. i don't think spanoulis will be right away better than beno udrih. don't expect to much from the small greek. i think john lucas was good in the summer league but he is not good enough to be a reliable first backup pg. i wouldn't be that excited if he isn't really that much better than andre barrett. kirk snyder can hit outside shots, but i wouldn't call him a shooter. i would be happy, if he could bring more to the table than his defense and his athleticism. head was considered a nba-ready and solid player before the draft. i don't think he has that much upside. he can play more consistent, though. but i don't think he will be given his minimal playing time this coming season. shane battier is a very smart player and i consider him our best acqisition. but he is not the answer in defending guys like duncan, brand, dirk or the likes. wells is a good player but i don't see him really fitting here. his offensive game consists of a lot of post up and one on one. he is not that good of a shooter. i don't think that fits that well with us.

after all, i see us as a playoff lock if we regain our health. but i don't see us becoming a real contender right away. it takes just more than one year. even in win now mode.

13. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

I have confidence in ROX this year!

14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Cool heads? You can be negative about ANY deal. That's why you assume it works out until otherwise.

15. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Yeah -just enjoy this great acquisition-we just got a real NBA talent. We are getting ready to start camp a lot better than we were before BAttier and now Wells. Good times!