1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Women finally achieve equality with men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jun 13, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Women Now Drink As Much As Men

For nearly a century, women have been closing the gender gap in alcohol consumption, binge-drinking and alcohol use disorder. What was previously a 3-1 ratio for risky drinking habits in men versus women is closer to 1-to-1 globally, a 2016 analysis of several dozen studies suggested.

And the latest U.S. data from 2019 shows that women in their teens and early 20s reported drinking and getting drunk at higher rates than their male peers — in some cases for the first time since researchers began measuring such behavior.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...as-men-and-suffer-health-effects-more-quickly

clos4life, Yung-T, Andre0087 and 6 others like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I blame Queen’s Gambit for glamorizing women drinking.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I bet they **** more as well

4. TimDuncanDonaut

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its the white claw phenomenon. They slam them and dont even know theyre drunk til the 10th one.

6. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Saw this on reddit's front page earlier and instantly knew what was up with the title.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

They are drinking more because they realized what they've been fighting for all this time

They won the right to;

1. Work, hah.
    2. Work while pregnant, even worse.
    2. The right to take the pill and get abortions, whoa.
    3. The right to a credit card, lol.
    4, Get a Divorce, meh.
    5, Less Sexual Harassment, ok.
    6. Complain about pay descrimination. Hasn't worked out.
    7, Marry Lesbians
    8. To Vote, great, but what has that gotten them.

All I'm saying is if you are going to fight for access to something, think you need to know what outcomes really lead to happiness. Yes, you are working, but why, work is a dated concept. It all led to drinking. How about fighting for

1. Less work, more vacation
    2. Free Daycare
    3. Free Cleaning Service
    4. Free Healthcare
    5. Reparations
    6. A matriarchy
    7. Investments for Women
    8. Free Education
    9. Men that Listen
    10. More stuff for Women

I don't mind the fight, but ask for outcomes that give you what people really want. More Happiness.

#7 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    clos4life, Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Your points make it seem like it's either/or when I believe the goal for equal rights is inclusion of the things you chose to divide for the sake of an argument no one is making.

To be fair I don't think a matriarchy would be equal or that free cleaning services is part of the feminist movement, at least those that are taken seriously. But the general theme of improved quality of life for women under an equal environment certainly is.

#8 London'sBurning, Jun 14, 2021
    jiggyfly, Yung-T and Jontro like this.
  9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

These hoes ain't ****ing for free. I know that's right. @Jontro

10. Xerobull

+1 this is truth. The last time I was hammered was on White Claw. Sneaks up on you. Haven't drank anything since.

Sajan and TWS1986 like this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'm glad you have given your life to Christ, Xero :).

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Once upon a time . .. . the concept of equal rights
    felt like making men more like women . . .accountable .. . moral . .. better people
    but
    in the end . . .it was about allowing women to be just as shitty as men were/are

Rocket River

clos4life, jiggyfly, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

Women wine as much as men now.
    And Men whine as much as women. (millennials)

Let's call it even.

#13 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 14, 2021
    clos4life, B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You wouldve been better suited if you wouldve had a tampon in.

JumpMan likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Noted for future posterity.

clos4life, jiggyfly and donkeypunch like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

they do for us tru monicas

Yung-T and TWS1986 like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

And I thought so highly of you before...

jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

That makes one of us

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Xerobull

I saw the error of my ways and never touched it again. (vomit gif)

B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Yep!

https://sports.yahoo.com/study-says-doing-chores-washing-152512797.html

A New Study Says Doing Chores Like Washing Dishes and Gardening Can Decrease Heart Disease Risks Among Women

Completing everyday tasks, like your household chores, can seem mundane, but the reality is that these seemingly simple activities can actually boost your overall health. In fact, a new study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association featured insight from researchers out of the University of California-San Diego that detailed how chores like cooking, vacuuming, gardening, and even other daily necessities like taking a shower can protect against heart disease. "The study demonstrates that all movement counts towards disease prevention," Dr. Steve Nguyen, the study's first author, said in a media release. "Spending more time in daily life movement, which includes a wide range of activities we all do while on our feet and out of our chairs, resulted in a lower risk of cardiovascular disease."

The study found that participants who spent four hours each day completing "daily life movements" had 62 percent less of a chance of dying from cardiovascular or coronary heart disease. Plus, those in the study had 43 percent less of a chance of developing of developing either disease altogether and 30 percent less of a chance of experiencing a stroke. The team studied 5,416 healthy women across the United States between 63 and 97 years of age and put each minute they spent awake under one of five categories: sitting, sitting in a vehicle, standing still, walking or running, and daily life movements. The latter included activities such as getting dressed, cooking, and gardening.

Completing everyday tasks, like your household chores, can seem mundane, but the reality is that these seemingly simple activities can actually boost your overall health. In fact, a new study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association featured insight from researchers out of the University of California-San Diego that detailed how chores like cooking, vacuuming, gardening, and even other daily necessities like taking a shower can protect against heart disease. "The study demonstrates that all movement counts towards disease prevention," Dr. Steve Nguyen, the study's first author, said in a media release. "Spending more time in daily life movement, which includes a wide range of activities we all do while on our feet and out of our chairs, resulted in a lower risk of cardiovascular disease."

The study found that participants who spent four hours each day completing "daily life movements" had 62 percent less of a chance of dying from cardiovascular or coronary heart disease. Plus, those in the study had 43 percent less of a chance of developing of developing either disease altogether and 30 percent less of a chance of experiencing a stroke. The team studied 5,416 healthy women across the United States between 63 and 97 years of age and put each minute they spent awake under one of five categories: sitting, sitting in a vehicle, standing still, walking or running, and daily life movements. The latter included activities such as getting dressed, cooking, and gardening.

Xerobull likes this.