1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woman Receives Ticket For Driving 2 MPH Under

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by smr6, Mar 13, 2013.

1. smr6

smr6 Member

In the left lane

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/woman-gets-ticket-driving-2-miles-per-hour-211957738.html

[​IMG]

We should all follow in Maryland's foot steps.

1 person likes this.
  2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Funny thing. My dad has actually got a ticket for this too. Driving 62 in a 65 on Sam Houston Tollway on a Sunday morning at 7am with no real traffic around him.

3. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Good riddance. I thought people were taught this in driving school.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Was he in the left lane?

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I am not sure but I think it might be different for toll roads. :eek:

It's a #*($&^# toll road, man... EVERYONE is supposed to go faster like if it were the left lane... :grin:

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's still a state road. We just pay double to drive on it.

7. ItsMyFault

Yeah he was. I just found the ticket to be kind of ridiculous if there were no cars around him other than the cop. Looked like more of an excuse to hand out a ticket than anything else since he wasn't actually slowing anyone down.

8. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

How can you get a ticket for that if you are not impeding the flow of traffic? Are you supposed to go exactly 65 at all times? They can give you a ticket for going 2 mph over the speed limit even in the fast lane.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I don't see how this is possible, as don't cops have a 2-3 mph buffer for speedometer misreads and what not?

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I don't get this. The speed limit is 65 but the speed minimum surely must be 40 or 50... not... well, not also 65. :confused:

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Doesn't matter. If he's not passing, he should stay on the right-hand side lanes. :eek: Pay the fine at the door, please.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/TN/htm/TN.545.htm#545.051 (1) shall drive on the right side unless passing

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah bro, you go 1 mile under - ticket.
    You go 1 mile over - ticket.

The fast line is serious ****.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Left lane is the passing lane. A cop will pull you over just to prove that to you and get you off the left lane.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

She shouldn't get a ticket (it will never hold up in court). If Maryland wants people going one speed in the left and a different speed in the right lane then they should produce signs that indicate such ( I assume their signs read like everyone else).

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

we should have speed minimums on lanes. 50 on the far right exit (which would suck for me since I exit at like 70mph), 60 in the middle lane(s) and 70 on the left lane. I feel that nobody would have an issue with this until we hit 610 merges.

16. likestohypeguy

There are old lady drivers who are proud of doing this, "nobody needs to be driving faster than the speed limit anyway", as if they think they are doing the community a service.

I wish they actually gave tickets for this here. Meanwhile i've been adopting the can't beat them join them attitude, just because so many drivers will rush up behind you, then instead of actually passing when you pull over for them, they slow back down to your speed as they get parallel to you, so you're blocked out when approaching slower traffic ahead.

Or when you're in the fast lane, the person you're passing in the slow lane accelerates to match your speed as you get parallel to them, making you either speed up or slow down & get back behind them, or else be the bad guy. & if you get back behind them of course they resume their slower speed.

17. ItsMyFault

Like I said, looked like more an excuse for a pig to hand out a ticket than anything else. It didn't really surprise me though considering the # of tickets handed out in Houston.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They should let you drive 80 on the left lane.

19. brooksstephens

I support this fine. Hope it becomes more common.

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Yes, it's the passing lane but you're not supposed to go over the speed limit to pass. So if the left lane is passing and there is someone in lane next to it going 60... then yes, go to the left lane to pass. But you can still only pass by going 65... otherwise you'll get a ticket for speeding.