1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the 6th pick in the 2009 draft, the Bengals select...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Apr 3, 2013.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/4/2/4175852/bengals-select-arian-foster-in-2009-nfl-draft-do-over

..Arian Foster. Lol. I can't imagine why with Fosters' history against that team. I love to read about "do-over drafts" ..when you hear about teams that wish they could have picked Foster or Watt with a higher pick, it validates the gamble on who you add to the team realizing there is a risk. Lets be honest, Watt could have been a boring ho-hum player for all we knew...Foster could have been another journeyman RB who can't make 4 years in the league. Now we have crazy articles of whether Watt could do it again or whether its Fosters year to have 2000 yards rushing...

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

confused about what to respond to here.. yes, I agree Arian is awesome and was a 1st round talent based on what eventually happened

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Lol I remember I wanted the Texans to draft Julio Jones instead of Watt

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

you silly guy

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Did you also want Peyton Manning drafted instead of JJ? :confused:

6. ROXRAN

The thing is we always think the grass is greater on the other side with first round picks and think about how we picked Akoye and should have picked someone else in the first round, or whether Kareem was the cornerback to pick where we did...maybe in hindsight it was fair to do so...Andre Johnson compared to that other top receiver that was drafted that we forgot about...we forget about how we hit first round talent home runs that other teams wished THEY could have gotten. I cited Arian as the example because not only did we get someone other teams (now) wished for in the first round but got him as a No draft likely never gonna happen again (for us) jackpot of a acquisition.

I apologize kaleidosky, I realized the thread didn't seem to have direction but hope that clears it up a little. Here's hoping we hit another first round quality pick other teams WISHED they could have gotten instead...

7. ROXRAN

Btw, speaking of Arian ...he is among the final 4 of CURRENT players in the running for the next NFL game madden cover. Interesting.