1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will you continue watching during the James Dolan era of the Houston Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Will you continue watching the Destitute Dolan Rockets?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. thekad

thekad Member

Or bail out early as ownership consistently demands “fireworks” instead of a measured and intelligent process that doesn’t sacrifice the future?

We’re all Knicks fans now.

lnchan likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

STFU, we gonna win now mother ****er

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Why don't you wait to see how this season ends before making such conclusions.

5. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Westbrook is a Dog....yes he has flaws but who doesn't in the NBA?

don grahamleone, bilaal14 and Ramo$e like this.
  6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Unless you think there was a better trade to make involving CP3 the smartest thing this team could’ve done was ship out his atrocious contract. CP3 is old, can’t stay healthy and his play declined in a big way last year. Hoping that he finds the fountain of youth is not a strategy you can take when you have prime Harden. Future be damned.

Patience likes this.
  7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm a Rockets fan, that isn't gonna change. But I'm worried about this...very, very worried. I think we're in for a very dark period.

I don't think this makes us better this year, he's under contract for a year longer than CP3, I think he's in for a rapid decline, and we gave up future picks. This could be the last year we matter for a long time.

I really, really hope I'm wrong.

8. macan

macan Member

oh dam the disrespect...

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Was this posted before or after the Russ trade?

Rock Block likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No I want him deleted

11. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Are you serious? James Dylon agreed to Max out Steph Marbury & Steve Francis together, not to mention Carmelo & Amare (who might've worked out if Amare had two good knees).

Westbrook only took a backseat last year to PG13 because he knew he had someone who could score better than him, let's not kid ourselves we know Westbrook fills out the stat sheet but never efficiently.

CP3 was finally healthy for the post season last year and didn't help close out games with Harden (who finally played through his no calls he would typically get during the regular season) . Do you really think CP3 a year older will change any results we have this year ?

Two former MVPs in their respective primes, let's see if they'll sacrifice for the teams greater success. We know they're both capable players but one step up to the would be to have controlled aggression in their respective strengths!

tmoney1101 likes this.
  12. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Tillman can suck as bad as the Kevin Martin days and still be way ahead of that loser Dolan.

burlesk and Bengchu like this.
  13. thekad

thekad Member

Right after the Rockets bid against themselves to trade future assets for an inefficient chucker in Carmelo.

I mean Russ, yeah.

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

[​IMG]

Whose man is this bro?

burlesk and tmoney1101 like this.
  15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This is a stupid defeatist loser thread. I don’t know how this is going to work out and I’ve been as critical of Westbrook as anyone but I’ll be damned if I throw in the towel before the season even starts. Some of you folks just can’t enjoy anything. This is exiting **** whether you like it or not. If it doesn’t work out, so what we’ll move on.

da_juice, Patience, burlesk and 4 others like this.
  16. mockster

mockster Member

We traded a 35 year old for a 30 year old superstar that averages a triple double. He gets his shooting woes under check he might actually be legit

Morey made a brilliant move

mike2k132 likes this.
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

To what though. When will be the soonest we can actually "move on" from this?

No cap space for 4 years, and no picks in the years after that.

18. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

There wasn't any cap space anyway so you take the guy 3 years younger who won an MVP 3 years ago and can actually rebound and stay in front of his man (one of the teams biggest weaknesses). They traded the 2024 pick and 2026 pick with swap option for two other years meaning the rockets will still get a first rounder those years. They actually are keeping the pick for this coming season so idk why you are so butthurt over this.

burlesk likes this.
  19. thekad

thekad Member

By what measure is Westbrook a superstar? And he turns 31 in November. And his “shooting woes” have lasted his entire career save one outlier year. He’s a bad shooter and always will be.

ronclone and Dream Shook like this.
  20. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

after