1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Yao Ming make it to the HOF?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chinesetaco, Nov 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

Do you guys think he will make it to the HOF in the end?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, as an ambassador. Hopefully we grab a few titles for him as well..........

3. MD_in_Training

Yes, but not on basketball merit. He'll be a "historical figure" in the globalization of basketball.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

You know, I kind of doubt it, and that is sad. Without the injuries, yes.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not unless he wins an NBA Championship IMO. There are many HOF's who haven't won a Championship but I feel that's how far he will have to go to get inducted in the HOF.

6. langal

langal Contributing Member

first ballot in - whether he deserves it or not.

If he stays healthy and wins a championship - then he deserves it.

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

of course, freaking dick vitale in the hall of fame

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

not based on his individual accomplishments. tracy has accomplished more and right now he's not a lock.

but he'll make it b/c of his worldwide popularity and what he has done to change the game in terms of making china a player in the NBA. he'll make it even if he retires today.

9. killlogan

killlogan Member

Really? I doubt that. It's true that yao's brought many attractions from China and changed the league with his incredible size and cowardly personnalities, but that's far from enough to make him a member of HOF. In fact, I've never seen a international roster in the HOF and I'm afraid there'll still been none in the near future. More importantly, no matter how great a roster is, he is not permitted to be taken into the HOF until 5 years after he retires. Whether he will be a HOFer partially depends on what he does during the 5 years, so a roster isn't likely to be a HOFer if he does what David Robinson did right after his retirement. Dream deserves to be a member of HOF but David Robinson is different.(I suggest the spurs fans shut up b/c this is rockets forum) No one is guaranteed to be a member of HOF, even for Shaq who has committed a series of "crimes" on court recently. I bet he'll lose his ticket to HOF if he does what he did on court at will on street.
    I think Dirk should be ranked before yao in the queue to the HOF, even Z should stands forehead I'm afraid. Never to mention the domestic stars like Duncan and KG.

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

For now, I'd rather ask if he'll ever get past the 1st round or if he'll make it through this season without a serious injury.

11. ibm

ibm Member

exactly.

yao's a good guy and i hope he one day will make it. but why worry now?

12. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

we all want Yao to get past the 1st round with 100% healthy,last several seasons he missed too many games,this season is a good chance :)

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

HOF needs Yao more than Yao needs HOF!

14. Mr.Pink

Mr.Pink Member

Probably the NFL hall of fame, that was a LT hit he put on Tmac the other night.

15. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Yao will definitely be HOF. Many players in the league have had stats similar or worse and have made the HOF.

And as mentioned before, he has globalised the game of basketball like no one else before.

Remember, it is called the Hall of Fame.... not the Hall of Best Basketball players in history. And Yao is the most famous basketball player today.... or at least top 4.

16. kpopy

kpopy Member

what a reply here!
    I totally agree with you, dude.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great point, that is a genius post.........

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

How about we make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs first?

19. superweapon-yao

remember this guy?
    [​IMG]

20. lustdog

lustdog Member

Without a ring?? not a chance. With ring/rings, it's likely that the regular MVP and final MVP would be split by Yao and T-mac. Thus..HOF.