1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will we see Nachbar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocDreamer, Apr 14, 2003.

1. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Now that we are offically out of the playoffs and our 1st round draft pick gone, (so we have absolutely nothing to play for), does Nachbar come off IL and get some PT? I hope so. Give him the last two games to run the offense a little and take some shots.

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

We need to put Mobley and MoT on the IR, and start Nachbar. Less Collier dress, too, but keep his whiny arse on the bench all game.

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

We need to put Mobley and MoT on the IR, and start Nachbar. Let Collier dress, too, but keep his whiny arse on the bench all game.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i read in the chronicle that they are still going to "compete" (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!) and really give the fans something special, so i would assume that no, nachbar will not play.

i would like to see a lineup of
    tito maddox, hawkins, nachbar, t-mo and collier for the last two games. make the starters come off the bench.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tell you what, I can understand if the Rockets want to play their starters a lot in the Memphis game as it is a HOME game for the HOME fans and the last game at Compaq Center...but the final game of the season in Denver....that is a game just MADE for playing the younger players. Why not give Nachbar, Maddox, Hawkins and T-Mo some quality playing time in that game? NBA game play is what these players need the most and that game is a perfect time to get them some time leading into the offseason.

6. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I think alot of the quotes were from Saturday when there was still a glimmer of hope. But Larry Smith was interviewed Sunday night and he is still in denial about almost everything.
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/1866229

The Rockets vowed on Saturday that they would play the final two regular-season games the same way.

"We've got to try to play hard regardless of what Phoenix is doing," Rockets guard Steve Francis said. "We just want to play hard. If possible, things break our way, we'll continue to be in a good situation if we continue to win games.

"I think there's too much pride involved for all the players and coaches just to lay down. There are a lot of teams in the NBA that know probably from the All-Star break (that) they weren't going to the playoffs and a lot of them scratch. We're not going to just lay down and let that be it.

"We have one more game here at the Compaq Center. We want to give the fans a treat."

That might not seem to be much of a goal to replace the season-long quest for the Rockets' first playoff berth since the 1998-99 season.

But Smith said he did not plan to use the final two games entirely on experimentation with lineups or plays for the Rockets (41-39), who can still finish at .500.

"We're going to go out and try to win," Smith said. "We want to end this thing on a positive note. We played hard. We improved tremendously from last year and from 28 wins. We have to come out and finish in a positive fashion.

"Our idea is to win. Winning is important to me, and to the rest of guys. That's what we're going to try to do."

Besides, the Rockets had done nearly as much damage to their pride as they had to their playoff hopes when they crashed against Portland and Utah, while the Suns knocked off the Mavericks and Warriors to push the Rockets to the brink of elimination. Saturday's win did not do much to repair their playoff chances, but it did demonstrate that even a meaningless win was preferable to another embarrassing defeat.