1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Rockets make a major move before the deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 17, 2015.

Tags:
?

Will the Rockets make a major move before the deadline?

1. Yes

57.6%
  2. No

42.4%
  1. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Reading through the many posts for eons now, I'm shocked (to find out gambling's going on in here)to hear so many that either think there won't be or that we don't need another move/moves.

It's obvious that we're incomplete/a work in progress ....and that we have the flexibility/assets to open our window all the way.

Anyway, let's see how public opinion breaks.

By the deadline, we'll be a TRUE contender, perhaps the favorite.

1 person likes this.
  2. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

It was supposed to be a poll....and now is. Thanks, J.R.

#2 Plowman, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Depends if Morey wants to use that first rounder or not.

4. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine any scenario where that NOP is still here.

1 person likes this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

I can.

Max salaries on the roster, and you can use a mid first rounder on a kid and lock him down for four years at a minimal price.

Morey will probably target a specialized role player with it, someone like a KJ McDaniels who came in NBA ready from the get go.

1 person likes this.
  6. xiki

xiki Member

Hey, PT, odd that you are asking as you had the info that a deal was imminent.

Right now it's an 'arms race' with a plethora of early deals this year. Sure, the Rox are incomplete but where, really, is the incompleteness? Terry, if he continues sipping from the Fountain of Youth, is our effective and veteran 3rd guard. And our lead guard, as in Point, is a synergistic and effective player too often minimized here for what he isn't rather than lionized (or wolverined) for what he does well. DMo is showing nicely, and a please do not deal him!, is our b/u 5 in addition to our starting 4. Brewer is lightening minutes load, well to date, for Ariza and even JH.

So, how many assets are expendable to upgrade exactly what and exactly how much? Gimme Dragic and I'm in, particularly for non-rotational pieces. Sign Blatche when the CBA is done and I'm listening. OK, get me a Trey Daniels-esque sniper, but still...

2 people like this.
  7. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just taking the temperature here...

8. Amir's Johnson

Not this **** again.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

A deal, yes; a major move i.e. Dragic or Kevin Love, no but I hope I'm wrong.

10. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I voted yes, this is a window we can't ignore. Morey will try to cash in his chips. But he's a smart GM he won't make a move just to make a move. In Morey I trust.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Knowing Morey by now anything is possible. I believe he will get a PG and a backup C on or by the trading deadline.

12. rocketblood713

Yup he is going to steal a PG from somebody

13. bmd

bmd Member

I think he'd like to upgrade the PG position if the opportunity presents itself. However, I think he'd also be fine standing pat.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Hoping for Lawson.

15. vator

vator Member

I think the mere possession of the New Orleans Pelicans' lottery pick makes them a player in any major deal that goes down before the trade deadline. I think that pick along with good young players like Capela, Canaan, and KPap along with salary fodder like Shved and Dorsey means something will happen. Terry, Jones, and D. Mo are also available to be moved in the right kind of deals. The Rockets will certainly be active. It's just a matter of them being able to find a deal that makes more sense than standing pat. At the very least, I expect another rotational piece to be added on the strength of the NO pick alone. This team with one more quality player to be able to throw out there is a scary thought and I think at the very least, that is what we will see by February.

16. kaunomanas

kaunomanas Member

Rockets can trade DMO, because he has so much value now and there is no place for him when Jones come back. Also it can result DMO to drop his motivation and play poor, as his minutes and touches in court drops. So Rockets can get Kevin Love or any 2-3 tier stars out of DMO with small additions.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I can't believe there are still people that think Jones is gonna push D-mo out of the rotation.

18. bongman

bongman Member

Or another young high potential Euro stash.

19. basketballholic

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rGYqEK_kWeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Crystal Ball says....

#soon