1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Will Kobe Bryant come to the Rockets next season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kingpinmaster, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Kingpinmaster

Kingpinmaster Member

Kobe Bryant and Shaq are at it again. This time it is really bad. Shaq is telling Kobe that he should be more of a passer, until his legs get better and says that it is Diesal's ship. Its gets worse, just read the article on E.S.P.N, anyways Kobe wants to run a team that will begin a dynasty and have great players surround him. Of all of the other 28 teams in the N.B.A The Houston Rockets would be the best fit for him. If Lesley Alexander can stop being such a cheap ass, maybe he can go over the Luxury Tax for Kobe Bryant. If not, then we will never live up to the promise. Imagine this, Kobe, Steve, and Yao on the same team, wow. Have Mobley coming off the bench, with Pike and J.J. and Adriann Griffin, we would have 3 of the 5 all-star starters on the same team. This would not be impossible and the rockets are un up and coming team. What do you guys think??

2. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

Kobe loves the limelight to ever go to a city like Houston. He's more of an LA, Miami or NY kinda guy. I could see him going to Miami with their nucleus but not Hou.

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

He wants to win on his own. Being on the same team with Steve and Yao or even just Yao is not alone.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

if he cant share and get along with 1 allstar(before this season), what make you think he will want to with 2?

basically....

no way

and if he is guilty, I wouldnt want him.

5. choujie

choujie Member

Francis + Kobe + Yao doesn't look good to me.

6. Kingpinmaster

Kingpinmaster Member

Kobe Bryant is NOT guilty. I know for a fact. Why the hell would he want to rape a girl when he not only has one of the finest woman of all time, but gets more girls than seconds in a heartbeat. Plus that stupid slut went over to his room to show him her tatoo, whatever. She just wants all his money and ruin his fame and life. Kobe had CONSEXUAL sex with the accuser. I repeat Kobe Bryant is innocent. Not to mention 5 other guys semen was found on the accusers underwear and panties. Kobe Bryant would love to come to Houston and play with Steve,Yao, and himself. I think he had his fun in L.A. now it is time to turn his back to the LAKERS and play for the Rockets. It is all up to Les and C.D. In the Western conference you need 3 superstars and he is our 3rd one. Plus why would Kobe go to Miami or N.Y?? They are in the Eastern conference and will never win no matter who they have on that team....

7. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

we dont need nor want him, keep his a$$ in LA.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I say Kobe's gonna go to NYC

9. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

agreed.

Or Maybe Miami.

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

Kingpinmaster,

So you were in Kobe's room when all this happened??

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

unless you were in the room with them, you don't know jack about facts in this case All you have is an opinion.

but that is neither here nor there...and off topic for this forum...take it to NBA Dish if you want to talk about it.

Book this...

Kobe WILL NOT play for the Rockets....EVER. He will not want to defer to Yao, and VG has already said Yao and Steve are the focal points of this team.
    Accept it, and get over it.

12. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

If he want to win rings w/o Shaq, he might pick Htown:p

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

It's an interesting thing to ponder.

But I doubt it will happen... unless Kobe has ring fever or something.

He has no realistic shot at winning another championship unless he's on the Spurs, Mavs, Lakers, Kings, Twolves, Rockets, Suns, Trailblazers, Pistons, or Nets.

The Magic with T-mac are a classic example of what some scrub team would be if led by Kobe.. they might make the playoffs (only the east) but they'll lose.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Cause right now, LA isn't the front runner.

14. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

maybe he was tired of sleeping wit his wife and wanted something new. Ever thought of that? This "his wife is so fine, he wont ever want anyone else " defense is so lame and just plain naive. She aint that fine anyway. When u are as young and rich like Kobe, there is no way one can stay faithful. Maybe he wanted some right there and she shows up and maybe at the time she was the only girl avaiable. And there is not a chance he wOuld fit in with Steve and YAO

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Koby and Yao Ming= Great duo=Great Team.Gives us a chance to move a few players.

16. x_trepidation_x

First, it's a criminal case not a civil one. Second, the semen found on her panties was from one other guy, which I remind might not even be allowed as evidence in court. Third, do you know the definition of consensual sex?

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

That's true.

Steve would probably have to be sent away.

Where would Kobe "fit" where he can win championships though?

I seriously doubt he'll go to a hopeless cause.. he wants to win.

Out of all the "contender" teams, none of them are lacking an all star caliber scorer. With the one exception being the Pistons. It's pretty obvious Kobe wants to run the show and prove himself.

Could a Kobe/Wallace combo work in the motor city?

18. MONON

MONON Member

I don't think Kobe & Steve can coexist on the same team for a season. Kobe needs to be THE leader for his team. He can't be that with the top teams in the west. However I can see him in Miami or NY. I can also see him leading a young Bulls team as a point 2 or 3. His ego would relish the challange to do Micheal 1 better.

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Adultery is wrong! Have you ever heard of Marriage Vows and have you ever heard of being faithful and having the willpower to be one, only with your Wife? Isn't Koby a Christian, you make him sound like a heathen?
    If Koby came to the Rockets there wouldn't be room for Francis!

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kobe leaving LA would prove him a more selfish ass than person he already is. If he does leave, my bet is Memphis. Jerry West, less media exposure during/after the court blowout, his own team, and Jerry's personal guarantee of making it his team.