1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Will Ariza Finish His Tenure as a Rocket ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, Jan 6, 2010.

?

Will Ariza Finish out his 5 Year Contract as A Rocket

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. No

133 vote(s)
    56.4%
  3. To Early to Tell

73 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. RocketMania1991

Well this is the question folks.
    I stated earlier this season that the Rockets needed to seriously change how they were handling Ariza and his new role within the organization and team or else it could turn south.

His frustration has been obvious as the season has progressed.I've begun noticing after his attempted punch in Toronto that he has become increasingly frustrated with himself, and is now wearing it among the other teammates.

I understand this is a new situation for him, but it is hurting the team. Ariza is not new to this league he has played in over 300 NBA games his attitude and effort so far is unacceptable he should already know how to handle himself when struggling, even if it is in a new role.

There is no excuse for what he is currently doing out there. He knows which shots he can and can't make.

At the rate this relationship is going and his play so far I find it hard to believe that he will finish his tenure in Houston unless he undergoes a drastic change or an addition is made to our roster.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Trevor Ariza is not effecient. He will not play all 5 years here, no way.

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think the rockets should trade him as soon as possible. His value is declining.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I guess you noticed the play also where Ariza spent a good three seconds with his hands in the "WTF?" position because Brooks didn't get him the ball to him when he liked even though Ariza was just standing 3 feet behind the arc with his man guarding him.

More class from Ariza.

5. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

I hope not.

When I think of him I don't think of a "Rocket"

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he'll be here for the next few years. i don't think anyone really wants him now unless it's a contender looking for a 5th or 6th option.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I hope not, I have already seen all of him that I want. I can't think of one good reason he should be starting now. He makes Rafer look like a hot shooter.

8. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

Hey lets write off someone before half of his first season is over with because I am the average Clutch forumer. I frequently jump on bandwagons and overreact to everything. I usually suggest trading a player when the Roxs are struggling and start threads suggesting to trade a player 5 minutes after tip off.

In all seriousness though, it's way too early to well. As of late, there has has been no doubt that Ariza has decreased his shots and improved in rebounding and assists. It's naive to think Ariza can't make improvements to become a solid role player worthy of MLE status. It's much more appropriate to judge him based on how he finishes the season. But hey, this is an internet forum.

9. RocketMania1991

How is it way to early to tell...Trevor Ariza has played in more NBA games than the majority of the players on our roster he's not "new". Even if he is in a new system his ceiling has been reached and everyone around the league knows it.
    There is a reason he's getting paid the MLE. He's always going to be a bench guy and never should be starter or go to guy as we are using him.
    I don't understand how Rick has been so blind.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The odds are probably against Ariza's long-term stay. It will obviously depend on how well he adapts to his role when Yao returns.

Or how much Aaron and Landry get sick of force-feeding him the ball when they have something better going.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm willing to give him the chance as an off the bench role player or starting lineup player with plenty of offensive weapons around him that can create. If that doesn't work then no, I don't want him around. Trade him to a contender and see what we can get.

12. Yak

Yak Member

Spot on.

13. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

Ariza was a key piece to the Lakers championship last year but he is not Kobe. I see nothing wrong with his playing style if we had a number 1 scoring option. Ariza is doing too much but I guess he has no choice, since the coach and GM gave him the "green light". The major problem I do see is Battier, Chuck, and Ariza on the court at the same time. :( :(

14. RocketMania1991

I fail to see how that is spot on. Chase Budinger a rookie in the NBA has been able to fit into this team better than Ariza an NBA veteran has.

Explain that to me.

15. Yak

Yak Member

Not really sure where this is coming from. I agreed with the poster stating that ClutchFans is generally a bag of mixed, always changing emotions.

But I do agree that Bud warrants more minutes with his productions and that those minutes should be taken from Ariza.

16. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

Budinger is a offensive player only. His defense is pretty bad and good teams will use that to their advantage.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not true, his D has been pretty good this year.

DD

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

NO he isn't. That is what everyone said going into the season, but I have been impressed by his D. It hasn't been any worse than Ariza's

19. RocketMania1991

Yes, but for a rookie I could understand it taking a bit longer to adapt to the physicalness of the NBA compared to college on the defensive end.

I don't think Arizas defense has been as advertised either. I guess after a good post-season he became comparable to Batter :confused:

20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Are you freakin kidding me? Did this guy really start a thread to trade Ariza after 32 games? Get the F*** outta here with this garbage thread. With the roster we have do you really think we are contenders or something? We are starting a 6'5 C with no offense and a SF who averages only 5 shot attempts per game. How in the HE** do you expect us to beat the better teams in the league? Get real people. Coming into this season we all KNEW what to expect. Now all of a sudden we win a few games and we are supposed to be title contenders who are underachieving so you mad!

Ariza and brooks are doing what was expected of them this year. Try to expand their games. I dont hear you whining about brooks not averaging 9 or 10 assists. He was supposed to be working on creating for others. He is still struggling with that. Wanna trade him to?

Somebody please close this stupid a** thread! This is dumb.