1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why is former Rocket Brent Barry such a Rocket hater?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Dec 12, 2014.

1. wreck

wreck Member

Sorry about double post, but i cant believe people are actually praising brent barry.

Dudes thoughts are that Harden got better on defense like default. Like "well he couldnt get any worse".

I so hate when people talk about players without bothering to even research it.

Harden's defense is way above average at this point. It may not remain like that all season but the effort is there.

That is in part why he gets so winded when we play teams like golden state.

Oh and Brent Barry should do broadcasting for golf with lame soothing tone of voice.

The guys a joke as a broadcaster.

During the PBev shove, he was totally blinded and didnt see the other guy literrally shove Pbev to the ground. It was very clear in the replay and Kevin harland just stayed quiet as if afriad to disagree with him.

I like Harland tho.

2. CrashTheBoards

I disagree 100%. After the refs called a goaltend and counted Harden's two points he said, "But unfortunately it's 2 points for Houston." Then both announcers were dead silent for 15 seconds. He knew he let it slip.

To answer your question OP, because it's the cool thing to do. Just look at how much other fans hate Houston? You see them saying things like **** Houston, Harden sucks at defense (so funny when a Kobe fan says it and gets defensive and says it's because Kobe has to run the offense when you call out his defense), and Howard is a cry baby. They keep hearing it from these clowns at ESPN, twitter, and TNT that they start believing it. Kenny, who won 2 championships in Houston, always supported the Rockets, but he never mentions Harden in the MVP race or the Rockets as teams who are playing really well in the west. He got the message.

Most of the media hates Houston in every sport. It's that simple. You can argue JJ Watt is the only player you see get love outside of Houston and he is simply a freak who is one of a kind.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

He even said that any sensible person who viewed the replay would have no choice but to agree with him. I was watching the reply and clearly saw Bev being shoved first. The refs certainly didn't think Bev was solely to blame.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Harden's defense was a little suspect last night, but I didn't really notice Barry hating very much...

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You haven't heard?... Spurs-Rockets is not a rivalry

Ha. Rick is cool though

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not to mention the Montiejunas pronunciation. I can forgive the local commentators for not knowing every opposing player's name. A nationally televised game should have higher quality.

7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I think the media or most NBA analysts only watch the rockets nationally televised games which are missing on how amazing Harding has been playing infront of our own eyes. therefore we assume they hate us but in reality, they just don't watch enough Rockets i think, because you can easily tell from their writings on NBA or on TV that they just bring up the same points from last year (Harden's defense ).

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

HARDEN* lol

9. jevjnd

jevjnd Member

No way!!!! His wife got 'bone-zoned' by Parker!

10. baubo

baubo Member

This. Barry doesn't spend his time scouring the internet for Rockets news or updates on their defensive efficiencies. He probably meets with the team coaches and players a bit before the game. Get some stuff from TNT's sports writers who give him some talking points. He may watch a bit of the Rockets previous game along with the Kings. Get some stuff on each player they may talk about

Plus they have to fill 2 hours of air time. It's not exactly easy to not just include some preconceptions on players when you're talking for that long. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread exist on other fan forums too.

This is why JVG gets so much love. He is capable of filling time with pertinent, insightful stuff to say. Most color guys can't do that.

11. bongman

bongman Member

I think I know why. Check out who's hand was on Tmac's face on that game winning shot on that 13 for 33.

12. rm365

rm365 Member

Brent's ex was just as hot... and much crazier apparently.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Jon Barry is infinitely worse

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I remember that play. He was congratulating Gay for getting back into the play. It was a pretty vicious looking block. He was looking at it on the side of the Kings. "Rudy Gay gets back on defense for the block. Unfortunately, it was a goal tend, 2 points for the Rockets."

I think you were reaching there.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He didn't use the word rival. In the broadest sense, every NBA team is a rival. And in this case there will always be key elements like:
    1. Being in the same division and playing each other frequently
    2. Close geographical proximity
    3. Long-time grudge matches between fans
    4. Wanting to be the best team in Texas

Rockets fans don't hate the Spurs (right now), but they ain't our best friends. I still remember hating the Spurs immensely during and after that infamous Spurs-Suns series years ago.

Also when I had an ex-g/f who was a Ginobili-only-fan.

16. CrashTheBoards

He said this, "Unfortunately, it's two points for Houston." Reaching or not, he said it. Then the announcers were speechless for over 10 seconds.

17. beardsanity713

JVG always shows love to the squad i thought we shoulda brought him in on the staff he would be a great addition

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Come on you have to let that slide. He was speaking from the perspective of the player.

19. solid

solid Member

You should have seen him play. One of the all time greats. He was a scoring assassin.

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Great job calling the Rockets v. Kings game last night, <a href="https://twitter.com/Barryathree">@Barryathree</a> I really enjoyed listening to u and Harlan!</p>&mdash; Matt Bullard (@bull50) <a href="https://twitter.com/bull50/status/543459882121195520">December 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Blackwell34">@Blackwell34</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/bull50">@bull50</a> me neither</p>&mdash; Brent Barry (@Barryathree) <a href="https://twitter.com/Barryathree/status/543537328304570368">December 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>