1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why is former Rocket Brent Barry such a Rocket hater?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

Well he really only played here because he water to retire here like his daddy. None of them are Rockets fans and they are all bias towards the rockets. But I also did notice that yesterday that the commentators show the rockets no love!

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

is this sarcasms?

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Brent Barry is one of the best analysts, IMO. He certainly doesn't hate on the Rockets. He talks a bit of trash to everyone but that's just how he is. I don't think he's a hater at all.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think many of you didn't watch the game last night. The Rocket-hate is strong in Brent Barry.

He doesn't have to be blatant, like "The Rockets are terrible!" Little things like saying "Hopefully the Kings can pull this one out" while not sounding so pro-Rockets can slant the overall commentary.

5. Zbed

Zbed Member

He was D riding the Kings all game

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

I haven't seen the hate from Brent at all. In fact, I thought his analysis last night was pretty positive about the Rockets (and Harden in particular). Jon Barry, on the other hand, is the worst commentator in the NBA, and that includes clowns like Reggie Miller and Gary Payton. He sounds like he's presiding over a funeral, has NOTHING positive to say about the Rockets, and downplays EVERYTHING. The funny thing is that as a player, he couldn't carry Brent's jock.

7. TheresTheDagger

What bugs me about him is he is obviously among the more knowledgeable of basketball analysts and yet just can't quite contain himself in continuing the national narrative about this team and Harden. Almost like he wants to be considered one of the "cool kids".

The Rockets disrespect/hate is highly unusual. Maybe since I'm a Rockets fan, I don't notice it happening to other teams. That being said, I just don't see this over the top bashing happening to other contending organizations at the same level as it does to Houston.

It's weird.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

I watched it. It might be because I am so used to others killing the rockets. Also I like the Barry bros.

He pointed out bad defensive plays by Harden, he is no where near Reggie Miller level of a hater though.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hating on the Rockets is the hip thing now a days.

It's what gets you clicks and most people will agree with you.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I agree it would be hard for me to trust him as a teammate. And I would also question his sanity cheating on fine ass Eva Longoria like that.

11. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I think he talked about Michael Malone every 10 seconds last night....they wouldn't get off of his nuts until the rockets took the lead.

12. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I remember him saying that as well and was like, wtf?! Not cool at all, but we're pretty much used to it by now. I always assumed he's pissed about the way the org. treated his brother or something.

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Why, he should hate the Spurs the home of Tony Parker. The guy that made sweet loving to his wife. If you ever get upset at his comments, just think, at least Tony Parker didn't f**k my wife.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

For some reasons, Jon is a much bigger Rockets hater than Brent.

That said, last night's game was weirdly commentated. They obviously sounded like they wanted the Rockets to lose. When the Kings did something good, they were like ooh and ahhh. When the Rockets finally caught up and pulled ahead, they noticeably dropped their excitement a couple of notches.

#54 Easy, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

You must be confused between Jon Barry and Brent Barry. Jon Barry hates the rockets, so does Barkley, and Brent Barry is just doing his job. He does not hate or love the rockets personally.

16. rocketblood713

The only thing I heard him hate on was Harden with his stupid french fries analogy

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I thought he was really good. Very relaxed, didn't just say stupid crap, just made some simple comments about the game as it went by

18. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

In his latest appearance on the Starters podcast he said that he was a bay area fan growing up. Brent Barry in his limited time there is already one of my favourite analysts and even his spots in the commentary team are great.

19. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

**** him and all of his siblings. Maybe Tony would be up for it.

20. wreck

wreck Member

I dont think hes a rockets hater. He's just not prepared for his job. But man, its a huge pet peeve when "national guys" dont do their homework