1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are you STILL excited about the Rockets, sans Yao and TMac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LewLLOYD, Oct 10, 2009.

1. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Its not really just hustle, although that might be the best one word description.

I'm STILL excited about the Rockets, sans Yao and TMac, because I know we have the potential to out and out shock some teams. And I can't wait to see it.

In many ways I'm more excited this season than in years.
    Curious if others feel the same way, and if so, why.

2. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I'm just excited to see our guys play and improve. I want to see Brooks, Lowry, and Landry further improve themselves, while our newcomers and rookies such as Budinger, Taylor, and Mensah-Bonsu grow up, per se, mentored by Battier and Scola.

Also, to see McGrady traded and to have him play in something not red, white, and yellow.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Because one can see the building blocks which Morey is putting together. If they can generate decent chemistry and talent, then things should be very exciting when Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady are able rejoin the team.------
    A powerful contender! :p

4. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I like seeing Houston prove the media wrong.

5. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Houston has always been in the shadow of other teams when the media is concered.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I love this team because they love this team. The Player step up and work hard. All you can ask for is for players to work hard and together. Talent alone doesn't equal wins (ex. Memphis Grizzlies). We will win more games than the Griz yet they can't win games with all their talent. It's about heart and commitment. This team is committed to playing hard for this city so I commit to cheering hard for them.

7. sergio

sergio Member

I just bought me the new #3 T-mac jersey, Why? because I believe the Rockets will prove the media wrong once again and continue advancing further into the season. t-mac is just a late bloomer like Jordan and Wade and will play a big role in shocking the Nation once again. :D

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I'm still excited because we have the most brilliant GM in the league, and I like watching geniuses at work. Seeing Morey's master plan play out and how Morey cobbles together a winning team with half the active payroll of other teams is sublime drama. I feel like the Houston Rockets are on the cutting edge as far as team construction is concerned and seeing this genius at work is exciting.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm excited for a lot of reasons. One, I feel like we have a roster full of respectable, hard-working, down-to-earth guys playing their hearts out. Our games have more of a college game feel to them.

Also, we don't have huge overblown expectations this year. We won't have hundreds of new posters joining at the beginning of the year on a TMac-Yao-Artest bandwagon. We'll just be down to the real fans, supporting a real team.

I look forward to every win and loss for these guys, and seeing them earn a playoff spot would make this season a huge source of enjoyment for me.

10. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

What do you see as cutting edge about this team?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I want to see the young guys get better individually and also to see them play within the team concept.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Because I've rooted for the Rockets thru thick and thin... I like the unknown this team presents and becoming the surprising underdog. Like the NCAA cinderalla only for 82 games.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's genetic. :)

14. zilches

zilches Member

I'm not exactly excited. I just wanna see some basketball. Win or lose, just be creative and run like some frightened roaches! I'm easy to please.

15. YugoRocketsFan

That what she said.

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i'm excited for the return of tmac.

17. sw847

sw847 Member

I got no problem with your theory of Tmac being a late bloomer. But how is wade a late bloomer? :confused:

He won an finals mvp really early in his career. Not sure why you saying he is a late bloomer.

18. albuster

albuster Member

I consider it a sacrilege and a very disgusting thing to put McGrady and Jordan in the same sentence, basketball wise.

19. McGreat1

McGreat1 Member

Im excited about the play of scola and brooks.

Excited that no one expects us to win big and i cant wait for the guys to prove the nay sayers wrong.

Excited about TMACs' return to elite status.

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Dont miss Tmac at all.

Would like to see Yao with this team, but it will still be exciting to see
    what we can do as essentially a 'small ball' unit that gives it's all defensively.

Its exciting to know that, win or lose, you know you are getting 110% out of theese Rockets every night.