1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are we still talking about Tmac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacuzzi, Feb 23, 2009.

1. wizard

wizard Member

Because we're DIE HARD rocket fans...you grow to connect with these players when your rooting for them after a great play and screaming your head off when they mess up. You talk to them when your watching them play and ask them why did/did not do that. He's been one of the cornerstone players of our franchise the last couple of years. To see what has happened this year to him has been a big disappointment for all of us. We'll that is how I look at it.....

2. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

There is only one 20 million dollar player on this team
    and he's not our best player, though we pay him to be.

the other guy on our team doesn't make excuses or values Stephen A Smith more than our coach.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yeah, the haters are starting threads asking when he'll be back or claiming the Rockets need him for the playoffs. :rolleyes:

4. emjohn

emjohn Member

because the vast majority of us are incensed that the most talented roster we've had since the late 90s has been hijacked and driven into a lightpole by the man that was supposed to be the leader and best player of the group.

Had this been a simple case of an injury ending his season, we'd be disappointed but understanding and move on.

Unfortunately, it's been a 6+ month demonstration that McGrady puts the team and its success an extremely distant second to himself.

Evan

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Member

I would guess because he and Yao have been the face of the organization since he replaced Francis and Mobley.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You sir, are on fire !!

Get the ball to emjohn, he is HOT !

DD

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Member

Blame the contract on those that offered it and those that took on the contract.

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

evan, you use words better than most on this board

9. i3artow i3aller

And so I take it that the microfracture surgery is simply for ****s and giggles then?

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thank you, just kill it...

Just talking bout it now is still probably makin it worse. I don't care if he's out the rest of the season, matter of fact GOOD, we are showing that we don't need him.

I don't care if he comes back in the playoffs, I don't even care if he comes back next season. The Yao Tracy Expermint has failed and ultimately it does fall on his shoulders.

If the players we have now can play with Yao get him the ball consistently and he only have 19 points this past game, and still end up with a W then why can't he do the same?

The problem is everytime he is always trying to "impose his will" on everything in every game. He doesn't seem to understand that we need to play together. It can't be 'T-Mac and the Gang' it has to be the Rockets Sqaud.

Until he understands that he will not win unless he becomes more unselfish when the game is on the line or looking like the momentum is teetering on either side. Instead of jacking up ugly contsted 3's or J's he will not see that he will not win.

"It's ova, feinito,
    You payin fo ya foul like a free throw (pow)."

-T.I.

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Les needs an optometrist. He thought he saw "K-O-B-E"
    but it was really "F-O M-E"
    also the fine print "2nd round of the playoffs not guaranteed".

12. ASERED95

ASERED95 Member

I agree just let it go already. I thought this was CLUTCHfans.com (as in clutch city-houston) not t-mac.com I used to be a huge t-mac fan just like the rest of you guys BUT im a Rockets fan first so lets just focus on the team we have now which is more likely to survive w/o him....i wish t-mac well but i do not want to see or hear about that loser anymore.

13. emjohn

emjohn Member

Didn't say that he wasn't injured, now did I? Apologies for the double negative.

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Because he is eating 20+ million of our salary cap this year and next.

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Hooray, tomorrow T-Mac's undergoing surgery and you would assume that since he'll be out for the season that will be that for the stupid number of threads about him here.

Except that you know when the Rockets finally make the playoffs some idiot is going to throw up a "How many rounds would the Rockets win with McGrady?" thread.

16. ibm

ibm Member

i think it's safe to say that the mcgrady discussion is here to stay for a while, regardless what happens.

players go away. memories don't.