1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's that one relative you can't stand?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by macalu, Feb 9, 2006.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Ugh, so today during my lunch break, i went into Chase bank to deposit some money. this is the first time i've walked into this bank since opening an account with Chase 4 months ago. Lo and behold, who do i see standing behind the customer service desk right in the middle of the bank? my freakin' cousin.

i hadn't seen or talked to the pretentious b*stard in over a year and half. what does he greet me with? "hey, where are you working now? how much money do you make?" of course, i tried to circumvent the issue as best i could because i don't think it's his business. problem was, i couldn't lie if i wanted to b/c i bank there now and my money is direct deposited. :mad:

anyhow, he proceeds to tell me he's on his way to getting his master's, he just sold a dry cleaning business :rolleyes: , how he just came back from Paris with his g/f, and goes deep sea fishing all the time in his brand new truck (i highly doubt all this b/c he also has a propensity for lying). even it were all true, his demeanor about the whole thing absolutely irks me. as a matter of fact, his whole freakin' family is like this.

UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! this just pisses me off and i'm just ranting.

now tell me about your horrible relatives so i can feel better. :D

2. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

If this were a poll my answer would be "anyone related by blood."

3. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

A few uncles that mooched money off of me when I was younger, and at times didn't pay back, so I finally just started putting my money away. Went to check back later for my money, gone. Hid it again, gone. Only place they never checked was in the back part of a CD case between where the CD holder goes, and the back cover. :D

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

This is my answer as well, except my mom. Mom is cool. Everyone else sucks.

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

He has a little weiner.

6. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

my b**** grandma and slut aunt

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

he's chinese, so that may be true. but, so am i. :eek:

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Brenda's got a baby!

9. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

slut aunt FTW.

10. Buck Turgidson

My whole extended family rocks. All good people, all close, our family bbq's out at the ranch are epic.

My gf's sister is pretty much a worthless beyotch - self-absorbed, mean, vocally abusive, completely immature. She moved to Sydney a few months ago, though, so I don't have to put up with her, until we go over there for vacation. :(

11. swilkins

I can honestly say that I don't have any.

I have invested too many years distancing myself from the wacko cousins, there's no turning back.

12. swilkins

Is she hot?

There are trade-offs ya know.

j/k

13. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, but not hot enough to justify putting up with her (the crazy ones never are). She just got married, though, sorry. I have no idea how or why dude handles her act.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

my sisters husband is worthless. 35 years old and doesn't drive. works at home depot part time while my sister works 2 jobs to make ends meet. Makes her drive him everywhere and drinks his paycheck every friday. Borrows money and doesn't pay it back. Thinks the world owes him something.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have an absolutely intolerable cousin that, thankfully, I don't have to see very often. No one in my blood family save for her dad can stand her. And he's pretty much oblivious. Sometimes I feel bad for disliking her so much. It's not all her fault that she is so screwed up.

When she was like 9, her mom suddenly realized she was a lesbian and left her dad. She poisoned her mind for many years and convinced her that her father was somehow evil and mistreated her. Believe me, my uncle never mistreated anyone in his life, and many people he didn't mistreat severely deserved it. We don't hear from her for many years until she resurfaces a year or so ago at the age of 18. She behaves like she is 12, though, and no one can stand her. She hugged me and all my brothers a little too tightly and we were all convinced that she is somehow a sexual deviant now (we all, separately and on our own, came to the conclusion that she wanted to "do" us).

Yeah, she's frightening. And she has bad teeth, which would be tolerable if she didn't smile so much and laugh at her own bad jokes.

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

My family is pretty OK. People get pissed at one another every once and a while about stupid stuff, but it usually blows over by Christmas.

Now my wife's family has some issues. Her Aunts all hate each other. Its a big drama. I just sit there and listen to all the gossip and keep my mouth shut.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Out of the ones I keep in touch with none.

I have an uncle who used to be extremely racist. It was to the point where my older sisters wouldn't go visit them anymore, even though they were going to college in the same town. I was too young to have a choice. Karma got him good when his granddaughter had a baby out of wedlock with a black man. Completely changed his worldview. :)

18. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

if you cant trust family....their not family.

all i know is one day im going to get away from everyone in my family.

19. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

My Effin uncle is a cheapass and so is his wife. Thats all fun and games but he gets really petty with my mom and his mom (grandma). He'll start talkin **** behind my mom's back, tellin my aunt (my uncles older sister, and my mom's younger sister) about how my mom's lying and whatever.

His wife is a beeyatch. She cops an atitude with me real quick for no other reason other than the fact she's older than me. But she use to act fake in front of the rest of the family. Now they are kinda rich and all of a sudden she starts talkin down to everyone like she's all high and mighty.

One time, I drove to Dallas and gave them some stuff my uncle wanted (laserdiscs) because our LD machine broke. My aunt comes with the, "o too good for it and ur giving to us since we can't upgrade to dvds. U guys are living too good." Mind you this is like a year or 2 ago and everyone upgraded to Dvds.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

There are people in my family that I have differences with but no one that I would say that I can't stand. The only one that comes anywhere close to that is dead and that was my mom's stepfather or my step grandfather. He was such an ******* - my uncle (mom's brother) once called him "The Meanest Son of a b**** Who Ever Lived". To tell you how mean-spirited this guy was, he once teased my cousin unmercifully at a school function. My cousin at the time was like 6 while my "grandfather" was in his 70s - it was really pathetic. Sadly, my grandmother never saw any fault in him and later denied any recollection of him abusing my uncle. The incidents continued to build so much that we reached a point of just not visiting them anymore (they lived in Georgia - close to Atlanta). Finally the mean SOB died and my family resumed our relationship with my grandmother. I was able to get about 2 years or so before she died from complications of congestive heart failure the day after Thanksgiving in 2004. It still angers and saddens me that I was only able to get 2 years with her (talking once I became an adult) but I guess I should be glad that I even got that as it was better than nothing at all.