1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's Better: Jordan Hill or Carl Landry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Who is simply, better?

1. Jordan Hill

46.0%
  2. Carl Landry

54.0%
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Which player would contribute to the Rockets more?

I want to see Clutchfans' opinion on this matter, personally I think it should be obviously one-sided, but... who knows...

2. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

Damn. I'm gonna have to go with Hill. :\

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Landry is a solid player, but J Hill has way more upsides than Landry. J Hill has already proven himself a better defender and rebounder than Landry ever was, but J Hill's offence still has a long way before we could even compare him to Landry's offensive game.

4. engr chris

engr chris Member

Skillwise, Landry is better. But Jordan Hill has length which we badly lacked

5. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

kind of a weird question at this point. carl is clearly a better player RIGHT now, but jordan's ceiling is higher given his length, freakish athleticism, and signs of extreme improvement in less than a year.

that being said, carl polished his outside game and used to be able to finish like a mad man in the interior. right now he would contribute to the rockets a bit more, but i'd honestly rather have hill on the team right now. i love hill's game and i'm really excited about the future with him, great pick up.

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I love Landry, but Hill has a higher ceiling.

7. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Not to nitpick, Landry was a great rebounder in his rookie season, but it was ever sliding since then.

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

If you're asking whose better, today, the answer is Carl Landry.

If you're asking who has a brighter future, I'd be inclined to go with Jordan Hill.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Landry for offense, Hill for defense and rebounding.

10. devilsdandruff

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Defensively I would go with Hill
    Offensively I would go with Carl

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

The better question is: Who has the higher ceiling?

Landry is nice but his limitations (short arms, undersized PF, questionable knees, 28 years old and bound to start losing his athleticism) make his awesomeness (and Carl is indeed awesome) make Hill the better player down the line.

In a couple years I think it will be a no brainer. Hill will be better. Right now Carl is the better offensive player though and has the experience.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with most of the people in this thread. Hill has more upside. Landry probably is better right now, but it's looking like it was a good move to get Hill.

14. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I'm glad that RA has had Hill earn his minutes by playing defense. You can see the difference from last year, where he was just dazed and confused out there. He still goes through those spurts but his D and rebounding are getting by each game. Now if he can develop a decent offensive game, watch out! :cool:

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Interesting question, Carl is a better player but ON THIS TEAM he would be another all offense no defense type guy, to go with Scola, while Jordan provides something the club sorely lacks. Jordan has a nice offensive game but needs to make sure those 2 footers are dunks and not missed layups.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Today: I'd take Landry over Hill but I'd take Scola over both.

Future: In my opinion Hill has the skill set and tools to become a consistant all-star in this league, it all depends if he continues to work hard and develops into the player that he appears he can become. He has the height and the defensive skills to make him very useful to our team as is but if he gets his offensive game improved watch out for him. He was a complete steal and NYK will regret giving him up especially after we have a better record this year and get to jump up to wherever they may pick. I hope they enjoyed having us pay for a year and a half of Jeffries and the 1/2 Year of T-Mac. Morey definitely won that trade through and through regardless if the record shows or not. We turned a broken McGrady and Landry, while great, into a 22ppg scorer, a few draft picks and a potential stud at PF.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

As of right now?

Jordan.

Landry really sucks right now.

18. Mr. Space City

wait...has anybody been watching Sacramento this year?

Hill > Landry EASILY

19. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

I wish everyone knew that

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

So does this mean we can get Landry back on the cheap?