1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would have thought Andersen...?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Jan 1, 2010.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

... that David Andersen would turn out to be the productive player he is today? How does Morey do it? How does he turn complete unknowns into productive members of the team? Every move he has made so far has been right, except for Joey Dorsey and that is just about the lone exception.

2. logicx

logicx Member

It's a gift...and statistics...and a gift...

I might throw Jermaine Taylor in there too though with Joey Dorsey...just sayin'... :p

3. cujo

cujo Member

I remember some members saying he would not help the Rockets whatsoever.....havent heard fromthem since.. He slowly bit surely getting more comfortable with NBA style.

4. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Yea, I suppose he's been pretty good. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he is averaging six ppg. Which is fair. To be honest, I didn't expect to much from him when we signed him. I just thought he was a body to have around since Yao was out all season. He's nothing special, but he will do, for what he does.

5. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I have faith in Morey and Andersen. He's still inconsistent, but he seems to be getting a hang of NBA-style basketball. He has nice post moves, and I like that he's not afraid to dunk. His jumpshot needs more arch, and he needs to work on defense. I believe he will be a solid backup center for a long time.

6. logicx

logicx Member

I have to admit that I didn't think Andersen would settle in and be this confident so early on but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and to have some kind of self-confidence...he's got some really nice post-up moves and mini-shakes that I'd like to see more of...

I'd call him mini-Dirk but he's bigger than Dirk, so I don't know...I'm sure he'll just get better over the next year or so and I can't wait to see that...

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He's smaller than Dirk... (just)

He was a very productive C in Europe for a number of years - and he won A LOT.

No REAL surprise that he's doing what he's doing in the NBA I suppose. He's never going to be the most physical C, never going to be a voracious rebounder - but what we're seeing is what we'll get (probably minor improvements across the board).

Not bad for a well priced backup!

8. HPD

HPD Member

Shrimp on the barbie needs to get better on the "D" and add upper body strength

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

To be honest he was beyond horrible in the very beginning, i almost lost hope.

But I'm really impressed at how fast he adjusted to NBA playing, he's looking more and more comfortable every game, hitting some big shots, running the floor, occasional sweet post moves, just overall active

for sure could improve his defence be cause he still gets abused a lot with stronger players, but definitly a great deal morey pulled off

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Sorry our second round pick can't be like Chase Budinger and get off to a fast start. Give the kid some time, thanks.

11. Jordan16Htown

Jordan16Htown Member

OMG U PPL AND UR DAMN ROCKETS DAVID ANDERSON SUCK N.U.T.S OMG HE GETS PUSHED AROUND IN THE POST (HE 7 FOOT BTW) DONT PLAY D CANT JUMP..... THIS GUY JUST SHOOTS JUMP SHOTS!!!!! OMG OMG OMG U PPL! :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. nickb492

nickb492 Member

Who's David Anderson??? Comment and sig fail

13. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Jesus. You shouldn't be given posting privileges. At least spell the guys name correctly if you're going to b**** without insight.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

He can shoot but can't do anything else. He needs about 2 years in the weight room, too weak for the NBA.

15. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

he has suprised me

16. Gakatron

Gakatron Member

He was signed for his offensive ability, still amazes me that at 2.5 million some of the people around here expected someone with Dirks offensive game mixed with Ben Wallace's D. Everyone knew he wasn't the worlds greatest defender when we signed him, he had improves his offensive to where he is now quite handy in the minutes he plays. Just like Scola he will improve over his first year and next year we have a handy combination of defense/offense in Andersen and Hayes coming off the bench to rest Yao... which will be great in limiting the big fellas minutes so he can get through a season.

1 person likes this.
  17. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Its not like Yao came in a was dominating when he first came in the league. Andersen will put on muscle but it takes a while and is improving faster then Yao did when he first came into the league. No I am not saying he is becoming better then Yao just that he has adjusted faster.

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

You have to understand, this guy Jordan16 would probably get beat by Pamela Anderson in a one-on-one game, so his critique certainly needs to be taken seriously.

Or, he was confused and thought we drafted this gentleman, THE David Anderson with an "o":

"Dave Anderson is the founder of Famous Dave’s of America, the legendary BBQ franchise, with over 170 restaurants and growing."

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Speaking of which, where the hell is Aussie Rocket? I haven't seen him in a while. Did he get shamed into not posting? That would be a shame. He was wrong about Andersen, but I enjoyed his posts.

20. oal

oal Member

Well, apparently Morey did.