1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will average the 2nd most PPGs behind JH

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Second Scorer?

1. John Wall

55 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Eric Gordon

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Christian Wood

35 vote(s)
    35.4%
  4. Demarcus Cousins

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Bruno Cabolco

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Based on what we've seen so far, who will average the 2nd most points per game? Make your predictions

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tyler Herro will be the leading scorer. ;):rolleyes::D

hakeem94, Highlyrated, Nook and 3 others like this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Trick question since the player you choose will be the leading scorer. :)

I’m just here to see who’s voting for Bruno.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

If James is traded and whoever they get in return isn't the leading scorer on this team, we are in trouble.

clos4life and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree. We are in trouble lol.

clos4life likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Of the players listed, I think it will be Eric Gordon.

7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

The answer to this thread is pretty obvious. The real question is...who will be our backup PG? I would take that hobbit JJ Barrea at this point although Ive always disliked him.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

People are 2 years away from being 2 years away from spelling poor Bruno's name correctly. :D

Is this a trick question? Second highest scorer would depend on which team James is on.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Depends on what team he goes to.

10. xaos

xaos Member

I chose Wood, knowing he likely won't win the poll. Of course, this is really dependent on if Harden stays a Rocket and how much he buys in to Silas' offense. If we play more like Silas' system in Dallas, I think Wood has a chance to get close to 20 PPG. If we play more like D'antoni's system (when we were focused on beating GSW) then it will be Wall.

Wood won't be the primary scorer for most plays, but he will be involved in every way. Whether he is playing with Harden or Wall he will get a lot of lobs and 3-point attempts. Wall will re-earn his Optimus Dime name with Harden and Wood

I'm thinking Wall, Wood, Gordon will average 15-20 each

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

im thinking its gonna be gordon. In fact, Eric might even lead the team .

This is the year we get a true three headed monster and fully unleash eric gordon.

Eric gonna average something like 24/3 , wall will average like 18/8 , harden 28/12

wood and cousins will be around 10-15 . pj/green/bmac depends on how they shoot. If house starts out hot we will win alot of games. Nwaba and tate compete for 10-15 mpg roles max and are injury reserves.

Thats the rosy picture. Our defense will not be very good early on IMO , but with james and wall theres some strong knowledge and game management. If we limit turnovers our offense will be good enough to put teams away . Can we develop the ability to generate stops over the course of the season ? that ( and of course health ) will determine if we contend.

Silas has talked about randomness. To me , this is going back to more of a share the ball / rapid passes playstyle. I have liked some of the drive and kick action ive seen so far.

So far i like how silas views the whole roster . I have a feeling he is going to make use of quite a few guys. MDA we know would be focusing on locking in harden/wall/gordon/pj/wood and maybe play house/green/maclemore in the 1st half ... eh and he'd give cousins a 10 game look ( not when game is close )

I think silas takes the alternate view where he's developing as many players on the roster as possible to be matchups in certain situations. We adjust to you not , you adjust to us. We have some pretty good firepower imo. James led some pretty good offenses even on kevin mchale teams and gave guys space to get in rhythm. I really dont think he is a selfish player. Perhaps he can flourish just as part of team again , instead of the being seen as the entire team himself.

Theres a certain quiet confidence coming from the guys and staff now. Pj is just pissed since he knows he's gonna be losing PT in a contract year , and James pulled this whole stunt to help calm his boy PJ down and to help cover for House's incident.. that woulda been the main stoyline. Plus ive heard through the grapevine we still have some major moves to make. Given the advances in sports science we are recruiting another one of james' true best friends from years ago. Now that new management is in place we can finally bring back DMO .

You arent ready for this innovation. The NBA is not ready for the fury that is about to be unleashed on them. All this bruhaha and bra bra ha are all just one big show to create the best Narrative OF ALL TIME .

hakeem94 and durvasa like this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wall at 18 ppg

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL For a second, I thought "I should google this first". I guess I should.

This obviously is in the GARM so it is about the Rockets ;)

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm going to go with Wall or Wood, but Wood seems to be out for the rest of his life with a sore elbow, so ... I dunno. I'll still go with Wood.

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If we trade with Philly I doubt Simmons is gonna be the leading scorer. If he is, we are in trouble

Nook likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who is Cabolco?

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Gordon probably around 16 a game, Wood around 18, Wall around 22. Cabocholo gets waived at some point.

18. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not making the playoffs if they trade Harden this season.

John Wall is my guess with Gordon third. Wall reminds me of Kenny Anderson in his prime. He can score but is a natural distributor.

It would be nice to let Gordon bounce back if Harden is dealt. Let Gordon score 22 points a game and then move his this next off season.

Nimo and HP3 like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Wall is truly all the way back and stays that way, I agree. I'd put Wood second, right behind Wall and yes, Eric third, with the same caveat Wall has. Gordon is overdue for a good, healthy season. The best he's ever produced was 3 seasons ago with 18 per game. That was playing 69 games, starting 30, with 31mpg, the most he's averaged since the 20.6 he had playing all of 9 games his first season with New Orleans.

Gordon last averaged 22 points during his last season with the Clippers. The only other time he busted 20 were those 9 games with NOLA. For someone who's a talented shooting guard and making almost $17 million this season, Eric hasn't produced squat, to be honest. The guy's a mystery wrapped in the proverbial enigma.

Maybe he's always hated coming off the bench. I don't know, but he's been one hell of a disappointment, at least to me, and I think he's making more than he ought to be. Morey must have had plans for the guy, like using his salary as part of a trade. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. If so, it was a gamble he lost. Even without the pandemic, Gordon had his worst season in years.

#19 Deckard, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    daywalker02, hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

POST OF THE WEEK

snowconeman22 likes this.