1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wants free season tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CLFranchise, Jul 19, 2006.

1. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Van_Gundy_Section_Poll-184801-822.html

Van Gundy giving away season tickets

Fans can win free season tickets from Rockets coach

HOUSTON - Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy wants all hardcore red-and-white fans in Toyota Center.

He's already got some seats for the most wild fans in Houston.

Van Gundy is giving away season tickets to the most passionate Rockets fans for the 2006-07 season.

That's right.

Van Gundy wants to send some of the loudest fans in town to 41 home games for free.

The Rockets coach has purchased 30 season tickets in one section of Toyota Center to reward Houstonians for their support and wants to pack those seats with rowdy and loud fans.

Are you one of them?

"My idea behind this is to attract the young, energetic fans that can provide the high energy level that our players can rally around," Van Gundy said. "By helping to provide a high-energy environment that our players can feed off of our fans can impact our play on the court.

"A loud, energetic crowd makes for a great home court advantage and that can be the difference in a close game," he added. "The only requirement for sitting in the new section is that you come ready to be loud and make Toyota Center a tough place for our opponents."

Van Gundy still needs some help figuring out what to call his new group of Rockets diehards.

Beginning Wednesday, you can pick the name of Van Gundy's new cheering section in an online poll.

Will it be Red Alert or Van Rowdies? Or will the next section be called Red Rowdies or The Fanatics? You decide.

After the team pinpoints a new moniker for the section, the Rockets will host an open casting call on Aug. 26 to give away the season tickets.

Fans will have 30 seconds to prove that they belong in the loudest section of Toyota Center by stretching their vocal chords and showing their creativity.

Bring a mega phone or create a new dance routine. Do whatever you have to do to prove you're the most passionate Rockets fan in town.

Van Gundy is waiting to put the loudest fans in the NBA in his seats.

1. What should we name Van Gundy's section?
    Red Alert
    Van Rowdies
    The Fanatics
    Red Rowdies

2. ron413

ron413 Member

How many fellow "Rocket Rowdies" here at Clutchfans went to that Golden State game last season where Van Gundy gave us mad props the following day for making so much noise and having a big impact on that game???

That seems like a great referral/ recommendation to our resume as the kind of rabid stand up and get loud type of fans they might possibly want for this free season tickets offer.

Must have been around 30 folks or so. I am just saying :cool:

#2 ron413, Jul 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

Cool. I'll wear my "Fire Gundy" shirt.

4. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Member

Why not wear a "My friends talked to Robert Horry at Belvedere and he said Gundy sucks" t-shirt?

5. Man

Man Member

:D

This is interesting!

6. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Member

The section should be alled the HOUSTON ROCK ITS!

7. Uprising

Uprising Member

That's awesome! Mad props to Gundy for giving the oppotunity for loud and rowdy fans to be at the games.

8. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Screw this. Just give free tickets under opponent's basket to 30 of the fattest (shouldn't be hard to find in H-town) hairiest guys in town in exchange for their agreement to show up shirtless and dance during opponent free throw attempts.

9. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

They can re-hire the TUNDRA!!! :rolleyes:

10. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RSmgPECjvzA"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RSmgPECjvzA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

11. carolbmt

carolbmt Member

Better yet, how about free tickets to beautiful blondes? I can't think of anything more effective at distracting a free-throw shooter...

12. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

if jvg can plan a better offensive strategy, fans will pay to go to the game. ;)

13. The Ming Dynasty

Hysterical! Props to you. :D

14. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

I agree, lets also include a couple of guys who love beautiful blonds ;)

15. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Im not really a JVG fan but this really changes my opinion of him...I HOPE THE ROCKETS CAN GO ALL THE WAY NEXT YEAR so JVG prove all them haters wrong.

16. milkyecho

milkyecho Member

Excellent Idea! I just wish they wouldn't use the word "rowdy" because it reminds me of the mavericks/ cuban. :p

17. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Member

I'll get rowdy cussing out him for Boneheaded moves.

Ya think he'll give him to me?

18. einstein

einstein Member

I would rather him purchase us a third scoring option..

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

I was at the GS game. Unfortunately, I am just outside of the bottom right corner of the picture they have up on Rockets.com (the guy I brought with me is in the picture :mad: ).

Anyone know when or where we are supposed to prove our rowdiness???

20. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Excellent! Absolutely excellent! I saw this a few weeks ago........now if we can only replace Barkley's head with JVG's.