1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is now the scapegoat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Jul 13, 2014.

  1. LikeMike

    LikeMike Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2007
    Messages:
    2,132
    Likes Received:
    1,216
    The best thing: with LOFs gone there will be a lot less scapegoating. That's probably the best thing of this offseason.

    Other than that the biggest scapegoat will be McHale. And I truly believe Morey watches him closely always ready to act. Hopefully he gets that defensive assistant soon.

    The other scapegoat will probably be Harden - simply because of his defense (hopefully he works like a madman on it this offseason). I actually don't think Parsons will be the scapegoat. If he does his thing he will be alright - Harden and Howard are still considered the big dogs of the team, no matter how many dollars Parsons is earning.

    Perhaps some idiots will be blaming Morey...
     
  2. DaDakota

    DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 1999
    Messages:
    124,377
    Likes Received:
    33,304
    Yep.

    DD
     
  3. ooooaaaah!

    ooooaaaah! Member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2013
    Messages:
    1,364
    Likes Received:
    128

    [​IMG]
     
  4. ross84

    ross84 Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2008
    Messages:
    1,073
    Likes Received:
    41
    If we match, it will be Parsons. Dude won't be able to meet his contract.
     
  5. JH13

    JH13 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2014
    Messages:
    121
    Likes Received:
    2
    Why are we deciding on a scapegoat? Why not get behind the team and support them?
     
  6. ooooaaaah!

    ooooaaaah! Member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2013
    Messages:
    1,364
    Likes Received:
    128
    Because teams that win 60+ games still only have a 20% chance of winning a championship. So there is a 80% chance that they won't win the championship and hence probability states that there will be a scape goat.
     
  7. scaramanga

    scaramanga Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2012
    Messages:
    282
    Likes Received:
    6
    What is not astonishing about the contract?

    a pun, no need to get so excited.:grin:
     
  8. MadMax

    MadMax Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 1999
    Messages:
    73,832
    Likes Received:
    20,418
    After his comments about being the best SF in the series against Batum...

    and his party pics with Mark Cuban...

    if Chandler Parsons doesn't earn (in the mind of the fans) that $15 million/season, he's going to be a scapegoat very, very quickly.
     
    1 person likes this.
  9. YourSecretLover

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2007
    Messages:
    2,785
    Likes Received:
    91
    because we live in reality
     
  10. scaramanga

    scaramanga Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2012
    Messages:
    282
    Likes Received:
    6
    because they are well paid, and we need to blame someone to compensate for our own miserable lives.:)
     
  11. Hibrido

    Hibrido Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2012
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    15
    McHale will be the scapegoat but since Lin is not here probably won't be
     
  12. Bigsupervise

    Bigsupervise Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2013
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    13
    Haha...for real. People on this site are sort of ridiculous with their irrational hate on players. My guess for new scapegoat candidates are Dmo, Harden or Parsons (if the Rockets sign him)
     
  13. conquistador#11

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2006
    Messages:
    36,166
    Likes Received:
    22,699
    umm, hi, have you met internet?
     
  14. Easy

    Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Messages:
    35,441
    Likes Received:
    24,612
    I find it odd that people would hate the player because of his contract when it's the GM that makes the contract.
     
  15. smoothie

    smoothie Jabari Jungle

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2001
    Messages:
    20,716
    Likes Received:
    6,945
    good point but we all agree that our GM should match this ridiculous contract because its better than losing him for nothing.
     
  16. tadahito

    tadahito Member

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2013
    Messages:
    76
    Likes Received:
    1
    Austin Rivers. (Wild guess since the Pelicans need to dump him in Asik trade)
     
  17. mrm32

    mrm32 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2006
    Messages:
    10,457
    Likes Received:
    2,327
    What would Parsons have to average to live up to that contract in everyone's mind? 18-5-5?
     
  18. Dubious

    Dubious Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2001
    Messages:
    18,317
    Likes Received:
    5,089
    It's not my money, I'd rather keep Asik
    (Limit D12's regular season minutes, occasional twin towers like when playng Memphis , injury insurance)
     
  19. Phillycheese

    Phillycheese Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2013
    Messages:
    554
    Likes Received:
    20
    Paul Pierce - The Truth
     
  20. DraftBoy10

    DraftBoy10 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2006
    Messages:
    2,089
    Likes Received:
    42
    McHale and parsons.
     

Share This Page

  • About ClutchFans

    Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

  • Support ClutchFans!

    If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!


    Upgrade Now