1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Who here watches Survivor?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Baseballa, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

There was a thread like this a while back about Big Brother 3, so I was just wondering how many of ya'll watch it?

It is personally one of my favorite shows, but what do you guys think of it?

2. red

red Contributing Member

i do...guilty pleasure. what can i say...i like watching people get angry and lose it. this next episode looks like a humdinger...

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I'm starting to really dislike Gandhia already. First, she totally blows the sliding puzzle (duh!), then she gets all full of herself thinking all the guys want to see her skanky-assed breasts. Plus, she's a loudmouth.

I'm thinking Brian may go pretty far.

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Yeah, Ghandia sure did get cocky all of a sudden. I would've voted her off week 1.

So far, youth has overcome experience. The challenges have been close, but the younger team is winning.

BTW, too bad Tamrya is gone . I liked her.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I just saw the commercial for this week. The black woman accuses the black guy of trying to get freaky.

Then a fight breaks out during the competition...not really a fight, just pushing and grabbing.

6. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Yeah, the next episode should be interesting...

Personally I think Penny is going to go really far. She is the sweetheart of the show now that Tanya is gone, and she has gotten very little time on the show so far. Plus shes a cheerleader, which doesn't hurt her:D

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was hilarious how Ghandia was going on and on about how happy she was that her group had more females because they were smarter, handled stress better and were more logical than men. Then she proceeds to screw the very first immunity challenge up when her team had a big lead. How did she screw it up? She screwed it up by not being able to work a puzzle fast -- a puzzle that required intelligence, stress-handling, and logic. You are so lucky you are still in this game, Ghandia.

#7 RunninRaven, Sep 29, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2002
  8. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I can't help it...I watch. My wife got me hooked. I was happy to see John go first, though I would have voted for Ghandia.

And that old woman...Jan is it? She has to go.

9. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I'm not into Survivor at all. I usually just like watch the last 2 episodes and that's about it.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I watch. The wife got me hooked. Don't tell anyone. :)

11. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Whoa, I just found this pic of next weeks episode. I gotta see this!
    [​IMG]

12. Smokey

The most explosive Survivor episode ever was a dud. Although it was physical (one guy did grab the other guy's neck), it was part of a game. Key being game.

I think the black woman just wants some attention. She accuses the black guy of grinding on her at night. He says he did it unintentionally (thought he was at home with his wife) and apologizes. He said he wouldn't sleep next to her again. She accepts his apology.

Next day, she feels like trash so she tells the other women she wants him out. She exaggerates. The women further exaggerate the story to a another guy. This guy asks the black guy what happnened. The black guy says nothing. What is he supposed to say? The guy goes and tells the women who go and tell the black woman.

She gets pissed off and they air it out in front of the whole tribe. That's it. No biggie.

13. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

That chick Gahndia has got to GO! She is an annoying, whining, exaggerating, attention seeking, b**** who thru a freaking temper tantrum. If she succeds in getting Ted voted off I'll be pissed. It would severely weaking their tribe.

On another note, did y'all see the rack on Erin? Dayam!

14. gr8-1

I'm beginning to think this show is rigged. I'm sure the host said to the younger tribe "uh, you have to let those guys win this week."

Interesting show. The group would be stoopit to get rid of Ted, he was very helpful in the immunity challenge.

Too bad Jed is gone. He was pretty good at the immunity challenge as well.

What was so hard about building that temple?

15. davo

davo Contributing Member

I'm all over survivor.

I don't think it is rigged - don't forget, they have like 300 hours of footage that they reduce to a 1 hour show. The producers just show you the comments and scenes that make the game play out the way that generates the most controversy.

The young tribe WANTED to lose the immunity challenge. I can't beleive they didn't vote out Rob? - the skate boarder. What a freaking loser.

16. Mudbug

Mudbug Member

Just what I was thinking. He should be voted out on principle for bringing a skateboard as his luxury item. :rolleyes:

17. gr8-1

BTW, whenever Ghandia was hitting that log with her palms, didn't she remind you of the fat sumo guy from Street fighter? What a drama queen.

Jed was "lazy" I guess, but he did well in the challenges.

18. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Yeah, that had to be one of the most ridiculously stupid things I have ever seen a grown person do. Either it was all genuine, and she is a psycho child in a grownup's body, or else she was playing to the cameras, in which case she still came off stupid.

19. Smokey

She looked like an idiot for telling the other women. Perhaps she was warning them about his behavior, but if she felt he was "disingenous", she should have told him privately. Ted denied anything happened cause NOTHING happened. He apologized for what she perceived as he was getting freaky with her. What more did she want? Her face was priceless when Ted said he was not attracted to her. She just looked at the ground and started scooping sand.

20. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN'T SEE LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE YET AND HAVE IT TAPED, DO NOT CONTINUE READING.

Okay, I am starting to question exactly how this Survivor game works. I have noticed that both tribes now have screwed up and left something important unattended in some way, and it drifted off in the tide. The funny thing about this is, BOTH times it happened, the camera men were all over it. Sook Jai's net drifts off, the camera is right on it showing it start its journey. Chuay Gahn's boat is left "tied improperly" and the camera man is on the beach as it first starts to drift off.

Perhaps it is just coincidence, but since both tribes going through hardships makes for better TV, does anyone think that perhaps these cameramen might be instructed to maybe give the boat a little nudge? Perhaps untie the knot just a little bit while everyone is asleep? I just find it odd that the cameramen are always right on it as it starts happening.

Thoughts?