1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has the Stros going to the post season?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by FLASH21, Jul 21, 2009.

?

Will the Astros make the playoffs

1. yes

35 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. no

28 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. sammy

sammy Member

And then lose him to the Yanks or Redsox. No thx !

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You might want to edit the offensive word out of your post.

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

He isn't even Japanese anyway.

4. Depressio

Depressio Member

I think y'all are a bit hung up on the "leapfrog" comment. When teams are bunched up like this, all it takes is a hot streak from one of them to separate themselves from the pack. This makes it less likely for any particular team to do it. It's less about what place you're in (1st or 4th) and more about how many teams are bunched up together.

One could say the Cubs might make a run because they've been underachieving all year.

Another may say the Cardinals will (most say this) once DeRosa gets rolling again and Greene/Glaus come back.

Do you really think the Astros are going to be the one to get this hot streak? Well, history has shown us that they are, I suppose.

5. sammy

sammy Member

Well we have been hot since the 7 game losing streak we had in May. Including this current series, we have won 11 series, lost 3 and split 1.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No thanks, Drayton McLane Jr.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm seriously regretting not making it public, I just thought everyone would pu$$y out and not vote at all till they started winning, like now.

8. texanskan

texanskan Member

he is signed through next season

9. Refman

Refman Member

And in a few years when we realize that we have no farm system due to trades...does this sound familiar to anybody but me?

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

I would take a legitimate run at the Word Series now vs. a potential depleted farm system in the future.

Plus, a big reason the farm was depleted was not signing draft picks, and they are starting to sign then again.

11. MadMax

MadMax Member

No biggie..we're just messing around. I take leapfrog to mean "jump over." And there weren't many teams to jump over.

Separating from the pack is different from me....and will prove difficult, I think. I don't think anyone is going to separate themselves from the pack in this division. It's going to go down to the wire, I think. That makes for a fun summer.

12. cctxrocket

cctxrocket Member

This reminds me of our World Series year! GO STROS!!!!! GO STROS!!!!

13. sammy

sammy Member

ya didnt know that .im all for this now but dont want to give up our future catcher