1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Has Been the Biggest Disappointment So Far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AXG, Nov 11, 2008.

?

Who is the most disappointing?

1. Adelman/ coaching staff

55 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. Alston

28 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Artest

17 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Barry

8 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Head

3 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. TMac

170 vote(s)
    38.1%
  7. Yao

151 vote(s)
    33.9%
  8. Other (Specify)

14 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. AXG

AXG Member

Based on the expectations for this team, who has been the most disappointing thus far this season?

2. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

Yao Ming......

His stats are as bad as it was in his rookie year. I think he will be able to bounce-back later in the season like the entire Rockets does yearly anyways.

Tracy McGrady has not been as big of a disappointment because most people have expected him not to do very well.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Have to agree with this. Expectations can't possible get any lower for McGrady now, the next time he has ten points everyone will be raving about his comeback.

Yao is off to a rough start. Hope he can shake this.

4. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

What a low blow... :rolleyes:

5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

You and every fan that is down on the Rockets......

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Exaggerating abit about Yao....actually his numbers are much more like 2nd year. He was really bad in his rookie year...there were games he didn't give over 10 points or 5 rebounds on regular basis. He picked up fouls quickly and was only good for 20 and 10 here and there. He hasn't regressed that mcuh .

7. joesr

joesr Member

Looking at it that way is one way to put it. But then I have to look at what Yao is going thru. No legit back up playing much more minutes then he should (he is going thru healing just like Tmac although he claims to be 100 percent its obvious he isn't).

But honestly I did have high hopes for Tmac with Barry and Artest coming to unload some pressure but its seems like he is unloading all the pressure?

But we are only in the first month of the season still so lets get the chemistry moving before saying who is sucking.

8. Bassem

Bassem Member

Actually, I was expecting this to start the season. We are a team that is a work in progress and need time to become a better team.

Actually, we're starting with a winning record, and I'm not too disappointed with the team as of right now. Given that Tracy's in a bad condition, Yao's coming off a surgery, Shane's not playing, and our Big 3 have only played 7 games together, there's not much to be disappointed about. This team needs time to grow and flourish, just as it did last year, and I'm confident that it will. All it needs is some luck and time.

Obviously, the team will have a lot of problems at the start, but there's still a lot of time for improvement and perfection, in preparation for the playoffs. If the team doesn't progress by then, then you can start to be concerned.

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I pick all of the above except Luther Head. I never expected much out of him.
    This really should have been a multiple options poll.

10. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Artest's shooting has me bewildered. But then again so does Yao's terrible performances of late.

But when I watch the games all I see are Artest playing decent def and jacking up 3s.

If you were just to go by the box score, Artest is doing terrible!

As for McGrady, I wish he would just take a rest for 6 weeks and get better. I don't really care about seeding, we just need to make the playoffs with a healthy team.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm surprised nobody has chimed in with "the fans."
    Won't be me though, Yao's been a model of inefficiency, sadly.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yao, by far. He appears to have regressed leaps and bounds. He is playing at a scrub-like level, very disturbing. Hurt? Out of shape? Done? Slower than ever, and he was slow when he was much "quicker." No elevation, none. Suddenly can't shoot, not even free throws. What in the world is going on? He needs to talk and tell the fans what is happening.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I added a front page poll this morning that is somewhat similar ... which of the 3 stars has been the most disappointing?

http://www.clutchfans.net/

T-Mac pulling 56-57% and Yao nearly 40% ... so Ron is in the clear right now.

14. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Steve Francis..

All that talk and look where he is. Lol i wonder whats really going on. Its been 2 months and no updates on him or anything. I'm pulling for him 2 make a return but by the looks of it he is done or he really doesn't want to play anymore. He has been cleared but hasn't stepped foot on the practice court. So sad. He sees that pg is our weakest area why not step up and try to help out Francis. :( . I hope he makes it back real quick

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Yao...dude has been flat so far. Tmac is playing on one shoulder and leg so its not disappointing to me at all.

16. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I agree. Tmac has disappointed me, but he is clearly gimpy. Yao, on the other hand, I can't explain that at all.

Still, it's VERY early, hopefully we won't be having this discussion in a month or so, hopefully threads like this one will be replaced by, "Who has been the best?".

17. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

From the past experience, you cannot just believe what players say about their conditions.

When Yao told us he's 100%, he might be just 70%. Tmac always looked injured, but I do not think even the coaching staff really know.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

He's not exaggerating at all. You have to look at per minute production to get a better picture.

This is with his rookie numbers extrapolated over 36.0 minutes (from 29.0).

[​IMG]

The fouls, sure. But it's been 5 games now since Yao went for 20 and 10. Over the last 3 years he has only had 1 stretch of 5 games without 20 and 10 (although he averaged 20.8 during that stretch). Other than that he never went more than 3 games without a 20/10 performance last year, and had a drought of 4 games only a handful of times in the previous 2 years.

Simply put, this is the worst 5 game stretch he's had in the NBA since his sophomore season. Not promising.

#18 ClutchCityReturns, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  19. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Yao is playing down to Shane Bradley's level, almost. And T-Mac is producing V-Span like stats, two games in a row.

These two so called "super star" will be forever remembered as "soft" and "mentally weak".

And I still have to remind people of their post season success, they combined for 0 series wins, 0, and they have been in the league for long time. Amazing.

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

lets not all freak out, the poll was who has been the most disappointing so far...i'd say pretty much everyone, but brooks. that's so far. obviously we are big rockets fans, we don't want to chop on them all day, but right now they are very disappointing, especially because we all expected a quick ridiculous start, so yah i and most everyone else is disappointed, but that is not to say that we don't believe we can bounce back from this. yao is a damn good player, he won't continue this for long, he is known as one of the hardest, if not the hardest, worker on the team, he will watch video, he will workout, he will practice his shot, he'll do it all. we all know this, just gonna take a little more time than originally anticipated