1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you want to draft 2021 "bump thread"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Jul 18, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Commit to your opinion and put your Clutchfans legacy on the line. Who do you think the player in the draft will end up having the best career? So many strong opinions about this subject.

Months ago I personally wanted the Rockets to win the 2nd pick so they would hopefully end up with Jalen Green.

I'll also throw in that I hope the Rockets trade Wood/Gordon (along with taking bad salary back if needed) pick 23 and 24 along with one of their picks from the Wizards, Bucks, Pistons, etc. or any picked owed to them besides the Nets picks. To pick up another pick as high as possible.

Express your thoughts here so you can be ridiculed in the future. Thanks

2. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

3. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Scottie Barnes

Why not? and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mobley.

DD

ickaruto, markus4040 and Roc Paint like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I want the Rockets to pick the best player available and make us all proud.

Trackwell likes this.
  6. Rockets4Life13

I’ve put it in my sig a couple days after the lottery and it will stay there until it’s proven or disproven

peleincubus likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No polls. We want quotes with details. ;)

8. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Did we trade the 2nd pick?

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Times 2

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was initially leaning towards Mobley. For most of the season I was thinking about how well he could play with Wood; how they would play off each other. But over the last month or so I have had questions about Mobley that still haven't been answered, so I'm going with Green, whose ceiling (more athletic Beal) seems far more probable to actually happen than Mobley's ceiling (varies wildly, but seems to be a mix of TD/KG/AD).

That said, I'm trusting that the Rockets Brain Trust is much better at draft evaluation than I am. So I won't be pissy if we select Mobley.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think Suggs is a stud and will rub everybody's dumb faces in it when he turns out better then Green and Mobley

12. kiwirocketsfan

Kuminga.

(If this pays off I'll look like a genius)

#KumingaKlub

13. Denovo

Denovo Member

I’d buy a Jalen Green jersey right now

Hoping his adidas shoes look better a lot than Harden’s.

BHannes2BHonest and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. conquistador#11

In an hour and a half it will be 10 days til draft day!
    And probably 25 more "who are we taking with the 2nd pick, for realz this time" threads.

#14 conquistador#11, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  15. MystikArkitect

Suggs.

I get why they won't draft him but he looks better to me than both Mobley and Green.

16. juanming

juanming Member

Love this thread

Green to undersized more closer to 6'3 will be a bust

Mobley too soft in the head will be a bust

Cade although I like him will not meet expectations because of his lack of athletism

I'm going with Barnes or jalen Johnson or suggs as the best players 10 yrs from now

And sengun

Gun to my head I'll say Barnes and sengun(misspelling but the Turkish player) will be the best

Wish the rockets would trade down

I know last week I wanted cade

I did more research..Changed my mind..

NewAge, ickaruto and berkowsk like this.
  17. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I want to draft both Green and Mobley. We should be taking Green at 2 and throwing a massive package of picks at Cleveland for Mobley. Keeping those Brooklyn picks and swaps in the hopes of using them to trade for an established star is far more risky than drafting Mobley. I want KPJ, Green, Tate, KMJ, and Mobley growing up together. A young talented core will also attract free agents when we get cap space in two years.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Cade Cunningham will have the best career out of all of the picks in this draft in my opinion.

No Worries likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I posted that tweet before I thought there was even a chance at a trade up for Cade. I would trade up for Cade if the price was not too high. But if it was too pricey, just stay at 2 and get Green (or Mobley).

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think Green, Mobley and Cade (and Barnes kinda but he has a long way to go) have superstar potential. I think Cade will be an allstar for sure at some point and at least one of the other 2 as well. Another bold prediction is that if Mobley pans out, he'll logging in some minutes at the 3 from time to time. He's just so fluid that I don't think it's fair to box him in as just a big man. Also, I'm calling some rookie of the year buzz for Franz Wagner and possibly Sengun depending on where he's drafted. Sengun could actually win ROY if he ends up on the right team.

NewAge and CHAMPBOY like this.