1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White allowed to take the bus [Rockets.com]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Oct 23, 2012.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/royce-white-10232012

White tells the reporters that the NBA won't stand in his way to take alternative transportation. He's going to try to make every game but thinks opening night and next night at the Hawks is going to be tough because of the time he has to be at shootaround. He feels especially as a rookie he should be there in time. Sounds like he's happy and he has a good attitude about it.
    Doesn't disclose too much about the van itself :)

2. don grahamleone

3. Commodore

Commodore Member

This is completely unacceptable.

4. TISNF

TISNF Member

1 person likes this.
  5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Somebody photoshop Royce's mug in a window:

[​IMG]

6. Raven

Raven Member

Hire Mr T to be his driver!

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yeah it's INCREDIBLY stupid that he's going to "try" to make every game. Da fawk is that...

Somebody sign me up for a job where I can "try" to make it to every work day.

2 people like this.
  8. HorneR

HorneR Member

Agreed. Get that he has issues and I'm all for accommodation, but c'mon, who the hell does this kid think he is?

He's a rookie. If he ever wants to see an NBA floor he better start making some sacrifices, maybe push that comfort zone every once in awhile. I understand anxiety. Trust me, I've dealt with it my entire life. But you can't let it control you.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Actually after listening to the interview, it came across more as: "I wont be using the bus during the opening road trip b/c it'll be cutting it too close with the shoot around."

I interpreted that as he's going to be flying during that trip.

1 person likes this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't think that him missing shootaround is what he meant. He will try to use van when he can. When he can't, he still plans to fly. It would be tough to make shootaround if he drove, so he will fly.

That is how I took his comments.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If you have the same set of skills that Royce White has, you could try playing for the NBA where they will allow for stipulations like this.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Told you. Stern is never going to waste his golden opportunity to open the mental healthy community market to the NBA.

13. MadMax

MadMax Member

help me understand what you mean.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

White misses shootaround.
    Mchale: he is out of shape and doesn't know the system yet. Will take time.

15. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Extent, type and severity of anxiety varies greatly from case to case. To say you understand what he has is ignorant, just because you have anxiety.

1 person likes this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Member

I thought he was only going to take the bus for select games where the travel distance is relatively short. He's going to travel by bus all the way to Atlanta, and he thinks that makes it easier for him?

I'm not liking this agreement the Rockets have struck. This better be a temporary thing, because in the long run I don't think he can have an effective NBA career as a part-time player getting special accommodations from the team.

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

[​IMG]

18. acshen

acshen Member

I agree.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Come on MAN! take some knock out drops like BA and go to work. You can't be afraid if you're sleep. This is ridiculous and he's not good enough for us to put up with it. Some more evidence that boy genius (Morey) is not fit for his role.

20. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

And that's why you should actually listen to the interview before forming an opinion: he never said he's gonna "try" to make it to the games...