1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which two warriors players would you take (if you could only take 2)?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Jun 6, 2016.

?

Which two Warrior players would you take (if you could only take 2)?

1. Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson

101 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Stephen Curry, Draymond Green

80 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. Klay Thompson, Draymond Green

30 vote(s)
    14.2%
  1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Ideally you want to keep all three of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green together as your core for a very long time. If Warriors can do so without breaking the bank and fill in the rest with great role players, they can compete for championships for a very long time!

But let's say you could only keep two out of the three?

Which two would you keep?

2. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Curry and Green. Easily their two best players. Curry's an offensive genius while Green is a defensive genius.

Thompson's an All-Star level player but not a superstar like those two are (and like Harden is, for that matter).

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I don't know, very very hard decision to make, I say GS will do all it can to keep the three together.

4. BackdoorHarden

How about a Houston poll:

1.) Bev/Brewer

2.) TJones/Lawson

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Bogut and Draymond

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty tough question.

I guess it's easy to dismiss Thompson, but the dude has been consistently lethal this postseason (saving Curry's behind once or twice, against OKC), and he's also a good defensive player.

I think I would go Thompson and Green, just because both are strong on both sides of the ball.

Curry would be a good choice, but I could plug in a Conley or a Teague in Curry's spot, and still have a good team with Conley/Thomp/Barnes/Green/Bogut.

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Steph and Klay. Game changers. Klay won them that Okc series.

8. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

So no love for Harrison Barnes, the only guy who might actually be a Rocket next year?

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

How so? Curry clearly outplayed Klay in games 2/5/7 and was as important as Klay in game 6.

Regarding the poll, it has to be Curry/Thompson. What those guys bring to the table is irreplaceable.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Klay and Green. I don't trust Steph's health long term.

11. BackdoorHarden

Defending WB.

Look at who he guarded:

Harden
    Lillard
    WB
    Irving

Outside of Curry and Thompson, he guarded the 4 best scoring guards in the NBA. How insane is that and still put up 25 points in the playoff and in the OKC series?

He kept hitting 3's to keep the Warriors in the game when OKC was ready to pull away. OKC was up by 7 points with 5 minutes left and Klay kept hitting 3's. Curry was nowhere to be found until the 4th.

He kept the Warriors in game 7 when OKC when up double digit in the 2nd quarters. Warriors had 22 points with 5 minutes left in 2nd quarter

22 points with 5 minutes left in 2nd quarter!!! Then Klay went for 4 3's and it was all over

12. Asian Sensation

I'd take Iggy over Klay and Dray if he were 5 years younger. Even now Iggy is still very underrated IMO on that team.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow surprised so many people would take Klay Thompson over Green. Green is easily the heart of that team, I'd say he's as important Curry on the Warriors.

Thompson is a star and is extremely valuable due to his shooting, but honestly being a "defensive" SG is overrated because you can find SFs who are much better defenders nowadays, Iggy is already a shell of his former self but can defend 2x better than Thompson does same thing with Ariza who can be seen as an average role player in terms of defense he's way better than Thompson. What just happens is due to almost every other SG being a bad defender an above average defender like Thompson looks way better than he is, its like in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king and all that crap.

So I think what makes Thompson rare is he is a lethal shooter who is also a good defender, but in the grand scheme of things he's like a "win more" player, if you have the foundation guys in place Thompson is necessary to put you over the top. But IMHO Green and Curry are those foundational players, if they aren't on the team then I don't think Klay can carry the team by himself whereas you can probably find a good shooter who is bad defensively on the market pretty easily, just need to compensate a bit.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm surprised too. Forget skillset, Thompson's skillset is replaceable. The things Green gives you from the 4 - not easy to find.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

There are only a handful of players with whom you can replace Thompson. The ability to come off screens, catch the ball, orient yourself, and shoot accurately with a quick release is a rare skillset. And that doesn't even address his defense or willingness as a team player.

I view Green as a SF/PF tweener so I don't think his skillset is that unique. His greatest ability is his defense, but we all saw how ineffective he was against OKC's big lineup.

If Green were replaced with Ibaka, would the Warriors be that much worse off?

Curry/Thompson/Iguodala/Ibaka/Bogut vs Curry/Thompson/Barnes/Green/Bogut.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I meant to say, "forget heart" - lulz.

17. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This. I hate to add more kindling to the fire, but this is another reason why I wouldn't have voted Steph MVP.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Klay and Green

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I think Green's abilities are more unique for his size. While Klay is elite at those skills, there's a lot of overlap with Curry. For versatility, I'd take Curry and Green.

Having Thompson's skills is gravy.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

Klay Thompson and Draymond Green

Signed,
    Honey Bear