1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Landry is back, who's the odd man out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketFan96, Mar 10, 2008.

1. AggieRocketFan96

I really liked the Williams and Harris signings for the playoff push but with Carl Landry coming back soon, who will be the odd man out? I almost wish it would be AB, I love brooks, but for the playoffs this year, I don't think this is his year.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

kick everyone off except mutumbo

3. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

tmac lol jk

4. juju14

juju14 Member

arron brooks.We have 3 good PFs.We have laundry,novak,scola.So anyone who playing like they are stupid put someone else in.we need to give willams hayes mins.people like duncan will get rebounds over easily.Look how doip just got it over him because of his lenght.Hayes is good, but u can't teach height.

5. jlwee

jlwee Member

The result the rockets signed Mike Harris is because Landry is injured. So there is no question when Landry is back, Harris will be the odd man out unless he has a monster game today!

6. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I say Novak, depending how well Harris plays. Any guy that Novak is defending is the go to guy.

7. AggieRocketFan96

i hope that isn't the case. I really like Mike Harris' game, i always thought he should have been a part of this team since watching him play in summer league.

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

chuck hayes or harris

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Whoever said Chuck Hayes, or Steve Novak is high. It's going to be Harris since with Landry back he is redundant. Hayes plays great post defense and can rebound and Novak is the best shooter on the team. We will need both of those things.

10. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

harris most likely. justin williams if he doesnt impress in practice/garbage time.

no way novak goes because he can shoot lights out. no way hayes goes because he is the best big man defender.

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Harris is pretty much a poor man's Landry. since we signed Harris because of Landry's injury, he's going to be the odd man out.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Justin Williams didn't impress. I say he goes.

13. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Yeah. He simply didn't impress me. Harris at least have some offense skills. Justin Williams doesn't look like he belongs to NBA.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Doubtful OMR

Williams is 6'10 and can bang with centers.

Very little doubt that Harris would be the one to go - Hayes is an outside possibility - but he has a bit more experience, and is good for some solid post defense!

No reason to dump AB: of course you carry 3 point guards in the 12 for the playoffs - you'd be mad not to!

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is also the newest player to our system. He needs more time. If he doesn't start playing better soon,he will out of the rotation. Harris will stay.

16. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

I can't believe some of you guys really think that Hayes has a shot of being cut in favor of some 10 day scrub.

17. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

dont be fooled. we were going to sign Justin Williams as soon as Yao went down. we need someone his size if we're going to compete on the boards against the big teams. Hayes, Scola and Landry are undersized PFs.

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

There is no odd man out... This is a team by committe..

When one player is down or having a bad game another one is there to fill in and pick up the pace..

19. devin23

devin23 Member

Harris shouldn't be out. He can play the backup SF position.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

When I saw Williams standing next to Harris in their matching white headbands, it was obviouse the Williams only had about 1/2 and inch on Harris. He's 6'10" like Chuck Hayes is 6'9", Barkley was 6'6", and Hakeem was a legit 7'0". In other words, he's closer to 6'6" than 6'10".