1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whatchu talkin bout - Willis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Biggienaz786, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Biggienaz786

Biggienaz786 Member

a big concern i have is that no one in their right mind will want vin baker, and so we're kinda stuck with him. i mean, who, honestly would trade for him?

now, say we can't get rid of him. do we keep him, and have him take up a spot on the bench and the roster? do we waive him? do we negotiate a buyout of his contract?

if we could somehow just clear his roster spot, would anyone be opposed to signing kevin willis for the minimum?

he's always been great for us, tremendously consistent. he could play the back-up 4 and the back-up 5, in case something happened to Mutombo, assuming we re-sign Deke.

he'd be great insurance, and would come at a cheap price. and at least we'd be using that spot on the roster/bench, instead of having Baker just keep it warm.

h0lla.

2. bejezuz

bejezuz Member

You got a quota to hit for new threads?

3. swilkins

swilkins Member

One of my favorite players of all time.

I would drop Baker for Willis in a heartbeat.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Hey, the guy is a machine due to his freakish fitness. Why not sign him for minimum? He's still one of the strongest, if not the strongest, guys in the NBA at what, 43, 44 years old? Do it.

5. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Not only is he strong, he's also pretty fast. Remember when he almost ran down Jeff Goldbloom's jeep in Jurassic Park?

6. dharocks

dharocks Member

Where's JBII Rockets at? I could use a laugh.

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Member

lol... :D

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Baker's expiring contract > Willis.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hopefully.

10. Sherlock

Sherlock Member

I'm still rollin' on the floor about that one ... VERY VERY funny ...

11. Willis25

Willis25 Member

12. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Member

Consistent? at what? not blocking shots? The guy is a 7-footer with a 6'3" wingspan.

I'm just wondering when some of you are going to get off his jock. Just because the guy works hard doesn't automatically designate him as an asset to a team.

Folks, the Rockets are trying to win a championship here. Do you really want a guy who always manages to kill the momentum his own team has gained?

For you newbies here recently. Let me reset my Willis history lesson. The guy sucked so bad in the 1997 west finals vs the Jazz, that the Rockets had no chance to win that series. In the games in Utah, the Rockets always got off to quick leads, but then our bench, lead by this cancer, came in and were completely ineffective. Jump hooks that hit nothing but backboard, massive brick jumpshots attempted from 20 feet, losing rebounds off the fingertips of his allegator arms, missing wide open layups, and overall terrible court sense and decision making, yep that's what Willis was good for. Willis was the biggest of reasons the Rockets lost to the Jazz in 1997. His ego did the Rockets in.

He won a title with the Spurs in 03 despite playing only 66 minutes in the entire playoffs. You know why the Spurs won. Pop didn't play him! Willis played 15 minutes in Game 4 of the 03 Finals, and the spurs lost that game.

He's the most overrated Rocket in franchise history. The man-love for him on this site is disgusting.

#12 JBIIRockets, Jul 7, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2005