1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take to get Best?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jelanit, Dec 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. jelanit

jelanit Contributing Member

I don't know if this has been posted or not but...

I just finished watching the Dal/Min game and the commentators noted that Travis Best was a starter last year, but this year he hardly gets playing time. I don't even think he saw action in today's game. What do you guys think it would take for Dallas to give us their 3rd string PG? I think he would do well as a back-up for us. This year, in 14 mins a game, he is averaging 2.1 assists with 0.57 turnovers. In similar minutes, Mooch avergages 1.9 assists with 1.04 turnovers. If we could bring in Best, he could take some pressure off Franchise and possibly swing the ball a little better. Any thoughts?

my first thread
    jelanit

2. SLA

SLA Member

Maybe they will give him to us for a 2nd round pick? I don't know..but I saw Josh Daniels..he's pretty good! And they still have Tony Delk and Steve Nash as well. I would like Travis Best..better than Moochie. I'm not desperate for him...anyone else we can get?!? There surely has to be a free agent better than Moochie...what's up with Wilks?!?

3. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

How about the veteran's minimum?

For the price of a Moochie "worst player in the NBA" Norris ($3.6 million) and a John "I've played 0 games but make more than most Americans save in a lifetime" Amaechi ($2.6 million) = $6.1 Million

We can afford a Bobby Jackson ($2.9 million) and Travis Best ($900k) = $3.8 million and give away almost $2.3 million worth of free tickets to a worthy charity and fill the stands.

Mismanagement has its price.

4. sup123

sup123 Member

what, moochie makes more than bobby jackson :eek:

5. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Do you mean Josh Howard or Marquis Daniels???

6. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

He means their hybrid love child...

After all, T-Mac did say about 5% of NBA players are gay...

7. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Travis Best is not the answer...undersized (5'11"), no jumper, defensive liability, doesnt look to set up teammates or create for others...only strong point is quickness, but even Moochie is quick.

8. jelanit

jelanit Contributing Member

well maybe thats not what we are looking for. anything is better than mooch at this point though

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So you are saying that Moochie is better than Travis Best?:confused:

10. Sane

Sane Member

What would Dallas say to a deal like:

Amaechi + cunk of trade exception + 2nd round pick

for

Najera + Best

They could use someone to play some garbage minutes in the middle, and I don't think any of those 2 guys have been playing at all lately. Mavs would gain a C and a pick basically, I don't think Cuban cares about money.

Personally, I think we should try for Tinsley. How about Croshere + Tinsley for Moochie + trade exception?

Basically, they make more minutes for Al Harrington, dump Croshere's contract, and give us Tinsley, whom THEY have lost hope in. The only thing they get in this deal is a MUCH improved financial situation - something the Pacers worry about.

We have to take on Croshere's albatross contract, but we need better and bigger F's right now. Tinsley is surely an upgrade over Moochie, and would be great off the bench, and it would allow us to move Steve to the 2 more often.

I would definitely try to swap Nachbar for Bender in this deal as well. We need to get some athleticism in the frontcourt, and Bender can play the 2/3/4 in certain situations effectively. Very energetic guy, great size, but we're gambling on his work ethic. I think with JVG, it's definitely worth it.