1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What to do with Collier, maddox and Morris?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 3 kids, Jun 9, 2003.

1. 3 kids

3 kids Member

With the exception of Boki, whta's the Rox take on these three players??? just wondering if there is any sucker out there willing to package the three for something like a low first round or high second round pick?

:) :) :)

2. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Member

i would like morris back.. but those two, i think we can package them with rice or mobley or cato or mot to get a good trade.. dont forget about mooch.

3. The Real Shady

Collier and Maddox will not be resigned. Morris will probably be resigned but should go to a 12th man type roll so Boki can get some minutes. If Moochie can't get thrown into some type of deal to get rid of his contract he should be cut.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Maddox and Collier will be gone for sure. They're both unhappy and the Rockets are unhappy with them. They're gone. Morris almost certainly won't be gone and he shouldn't be. He's the model of a good role player. I just hope he makes 12th man. It's sad when he has to sit on IR when he's obviously working so hard and the more minutes he gets the better he plays. I think he could thrive under JVG. Here's hoping he gets a chance.

5. lived

lived Member

I'd like to see whoever the coach turns out to be playing Boki and Morris for more minutes this season. In the few games he played, Morris certainly showed great effort and hustle and that he has what it takes to warrant good minutes on the court. I thought that he showed much more heart than EG, but given that it WAS RudyT after all, wasn't surprised that he slid back onto the bench later in the season.

I'd like to see him bulk up a bit more though, that might enable him to take it down low more often and more get pulped up trying to take it inside.

Collier and Maddox just need to goooo....

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

lived, I'd like to see that too. But we've seen no evidence whatever that T-Mo's a post up player. He hasn't even barely tried that. I like him on the defensive end and for his surprising shooting (which we didn't see at all in his rookie campaign). But I don't see any reason to think he's gonna be a post up option.

7. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Morris made an improvement from his rookie season and I think he still has the potential to be a solid backup, but Collier and Maddox are just taking up space and they need to find a new home.

8. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Member

agree on that. i saw tmo shoot those three's and jumpers just above the free throw. he's a good pop up player. but, posting up, id rather see eddie posting up. i love eddie's post up play of backin up then does a fade away jumper. if eddie continue to do that and add a lil more moves on his post up play, he'll be one hell of a pf..

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Did you see that he has the worst 3pt% on the team (min 11 3-FGA)? 21.88%, that's worse than Barkley!

10. Uprising

Uprising Member

Morris shot too much from out of his comfortable range...though last season it didnt look like any rocket had a confortable range.

11. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Morris and Boki will get alot of minutes next year, because Posey is going to be wanting the big bucks, and the Rockets don't need another overpayed player.

12. W Texas Rocket

13. DearRock

DearRock Member

The last time I checked Collier was a left-handed 7ft with a jump shot who can run the floor. Other teams have guys less able than Collier starting so I am in no rush to say that this team has no space for Collier. Depth is always a good thing. Fellas get injured, they get in foul trouble, etc etc. If there is a roster of say 14 players, I cannot see how Collier cannot be on the team. Spurs is happy to have Willis just is case so why can we rely on Collier just in case. The new coach hopefully does a better job getting him involved. Rudy and co. were not particularly commited to him.

14. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Member

I think that Collier wants to go play somewhere else. Maddox just needs to go away. Heard to many bad things about his demeanor. I like Morris and would like to keep him. Cato is a great role player off the bench, but I hear a lot of people saying trade him. If he does go, which I hope he doesn't, then Collier has to stay.

15. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Willis had a great season with the Spurs, hes still runs the floor better than our guys. Comparing Collier with Willis is a stretch, Willis' performance was closer to that of a Kelvin Cato.

16. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Do not re-sign- - let rot on the bench - - and Fire CD ;) :D

#16 TheHorns, Jun 9, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2003
  17. HotRocket

HotRocket Member

When you get garbage minutes, you'll shoot anything to get some stats on. If it wasn't for Tmo's type of minutes, I think he would have had higher percentages with 3-point accuracy.

He is a solid defender, he has an NBA body, and he has shown improvement. Heck, in the pre-season, Tmo was playing very well. It's just a shame that an injury held him and Boki back.

18. DearRock

DearRock Member

ZZ, my point exactly. Willis had a better season this year than he had with the Rockets the year before. As seem to happen alot, players do better when they leave. Now the coaching staff is changed probably players like Collier could finally show up. Remember if he shows up next year he would be doing so ahead of when Cato finally showed.

19. JoeBarelyCares

What is the status of Maddox's contract? RealGM shows him being under contract this coming year. Of course, that might be non-guaranteed, i.e., basically a Rockets' option. But if we do have him under contract this coming year, instead of cutting him right away, he might be usuable as cap fodder if we need a few more dollars to send to make a trade work salary-wise. For example, to make a Glen Rice for Brian Grant trade with Miami on RealGM, you have to add Maddox to get from "trade declined" to "trade accepted."

20. SLA

SLA Member

Maddox is gone!! He hates us. We hate him. He obviously has some problems....bad behind the scenes. Some suspicious stuff....

Collier....well he wants to play. He should be happy being able to make a million bucks a year for doing nothing. But hmm...if he really wants to play, he can go to another team. He's an OK player. The Rockets don't need to resign him.

TERENCE MORRIS SHOULD BE RESIGNED! He is great! For maybe the minimum....he is a great 11th man! He's great! He has improved! He still has potential! He's a good thirdstringer...and he's a friend of STEVIE FRANCHISE.

JUAQUIN HAWKINS. Who can forget him?!? I think he's a free agent.....I hope they resign him as the 12th man for the very minimum. He's just a nice guy....good defender...good cheerleader...nice guy...has some cool Harlem Globetrotter moves. A true hustler!