1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what the hell happened to YAO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao1134, Nov 30, 2002.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

yao was playing well for like 4 games in a row then all of a sudden hes not scoring past 10 points for like 3 games what the hell. im glad we got the win but we are not gonna win all of our games by scoring 83 points. we need yao to step up and play better

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

First off:
    He had 14 verse Golden State. He played great tonight. He had a ton of assists and played great on D.

3. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

yeah i agree but you know not everyone can score over 10 points a game and especially when you're a rookie like yao ming who is now adapting to the NBA experience and all. man i have no idea what the f*** im saying

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Did you watch the game?

5. gram!

gram! Member

i don't think people understand that he is a rookie. A ROOKIE, not a 10 year veteran, no matter what our asian friends think, the cba is nothing.

'sides, we are in so many low scoring games 'cause we playin some tough ass defense. i like it. it will be all good.

6. cujo

cujo Member

If you didn't watch the game then you didn't see how Yao helped the Rockets out of a 10 point deficit. Watch the game before you comment.

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Ive seen 3 games this year ( Suns Mavs Sonics) Suns and Mavs are regarded as his best games, but I am equally if not more impressed with Yao tonight. They ran the offense thru him in the 3rd and some parts of the 4th. And it was Vintage dream, dump it in, dump it back out. He wasnt looking to score but he chipped in a few. On D he blocked some and changed numerous, Seattle could not score inside. This is a game if you didnt watch than you dont know that he played great. Im not sure if you watched it but if you didnt he played great and if you did, your expectations are to high. PTI and Best Damn Sports Show will try to put this game in as a reason of him being a bust, dont believe it Yao showed yet another glipse of Dream. Man this is exciting

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The sonics really struggled offensively when Ming was in the game.

9. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yao had a great game. He dominated without scoring. He had 5 assists, and dominated on the defensive end. You don't don't have to score a lot of points to have a good game. He sparked our 3rd quarter comeback.

10. glcpimp

glcpimp Member

Yeah, seriously, back off of Yao. He had a great game eventhough he didn't score. He was like a General out there, eyeing the battle field (or umm court) and knew what to do. With a big man passing like that, i say forget the trades for a "pass first" point guard and just leave the team as it is. Steve can be the hustle and Yao can be the brains of the whole operation. I would love for the team to play this inside-out game for the rest of the year. Steve handles those fast breaks real well (with spectacular finishes) and brings the ball up great, and Yao just knows how to kick it to the right person when steve sometimes struggles to get everyone involved. I just hope for our sake that Rudy notices all of this and doesn't ruin a good thing..........but im sure he's noticed;) JUST DUMP THE BALL TO MING! (and he'll do the right thing)

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

I agree. He's still playing well. It's just that assists, while very important, just doesn't shine as much as points.

12. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

hey rocketforever. i remember bruce lee saying that quote on a movie about him. it was called A Warriors Journey. yup bruce lee is the s***. i have a poster of him in my room. and yeah he hates the lakers and my bad for going off the topic there and yeah ill just say this so we wont kinda be off topic. YAO MING WITH 5 ASSISTS CAREER HIGH! WOOHOO!!

13. JLB

JLB Member

Yao is not bigger than the team.:eek:

Yao is playing within the confines of the game. He could have had more assist tonight if guys would have hit their shoots.

These Yao only fans really tick me off.:mad:

14. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

They double teamed him whever he got the ball, and he dished it out for assists. That is just as good as scoring yourself.

15. cujo

cujo Member

A player can make a bunch of points, and the team still loses. Yao Did not score, but he sure was a big part in the win. A great player does not have to be in double figures to be an impact.

16. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

that is true my brotha

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Yao got 5 assists on a night when nobody on his team could hit a basket for 3 quarters.

Tell me this man isn't a nightly threat for a triple double.

18. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I'm with JLB, these Yao Ming only fans are really ticking me off.:mad: Watch the game before you comment!!!!

19. tommycatluvsme

Fellow NBA rookie Dajuan Wagner got 17 points the other night. What about Yao? Just 6 points.

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

But he didn't help Cleveland get to 3rd in the West. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.