1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rocket will do the best this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Aug 28, 2008.

?

What Rocket will play the best?

1. Yao Ming

66 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. Tracy Mcgrady

70 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Ron Artest

39 vote(s)
    22.3%
  1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I was playing 2k8 with Artest and Barry on the team. Hot damn, so many weapons! Barry is almost unfair with his lightning quick release, he's the Hulk to Luther Head's Bruce Banner. With Artest, I could have him spot up when Mac and Yao were covered, or he could drive when given a little space, or he could post up the usually smaller defender.

I just got giddy again after seeing a virtual version of the Rockets play. Hehe.

Anyways, I think Mac will be down to around 20 ppg, but his assists will go up, and so will his PER. Yao, if healthy, will dominate the regular season. I don't know how Ron will do, but I expect him to have a good year both statistically and mentally. Since he'll be open much more than he's used to, there'll be an adjustment period in terms of decisions making (he'll force some things that he shouldn't). When he gets used to it, then we'll see the team truly start to roll.

As for my answer, I think Mac will play the best with an all around effort for the season.

2. hubie_30

hubie_30 Member

i think yao will do better this year because he will have even less problems than last year with double teams because now the rockets will have artest to take away some more attention

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Just for the fun of it.

Chuck Hayes.

4. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

I think all 3 of them will have a wonderful season. But i'll pick McGrady to have the best out of the 3. With the addition of Artest, Barry and a few youngsters, McGrady should feel that the team is ready to win the West. Therefore, his ambitions would be manifested by his stellar performances.

T-Mac for MVP.

5. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Provided he can stay healthy... When you average 27/6/6 on 45%/40%/80% the first two months of the season and you finish the season averaging 21/6/5 shooting 41%/29%/69% something's wrong.

6. tmacjordan123

tmacjordan123 Member

7. baller4life315

Yao since we'll still be an inside-outside team. This strategy is the way to go considering we have one of the most unguardable players in the league standing two feet away from the basket.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Imagine the Boston fans having this exact same discussion one year ago.

Who was their best player? Garnett without question.

Who had the best stats? Probably Pierce.

All three of their superstars took a dip in their stats, however. With respect to the Rockets, this example should serve as a guide for what we can expect from our Big Three. They might all take a dip statistically, but it will be for the good of the team, and it will result in the highest win total in Rockets history. T-Mac will probably be the Paul Pierce of this team, since Artest has already volunteered to have the KG role of making a run at DPOY. Yao will provide instant offense and step it up occasionally on defense the way Allen did in the playoffs (he had a couple great moments against Kobe in the Finals), but the best part about it is that we will not have to lean on him to play significant minutes to give ourselves a shot to win every game.

We won't have to rely on any one person, and that's what makes this team our first championship contender since the 96-97 team.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i second you. i think

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

garnett got too much credit. he's their "emotional leader" i agree, but not the best player. and he helped rejuvanted the team and city.

but pierce guarded the best perimeter player moreso than KG and he performed better offensively.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I didn't know that Garnett was relied on to guard perimeter players. :confused:

Paul Pierce is a more dynamic scorer than Garnett, but I think that KG is certainly the better all around player. He was the foundation of that team, and, in my opinion, its best player.

12. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

This team dosent have a KG. you're argument is you're assuming yao is as good as KG. he clearly is not . not even close. tmac is the best player on this team. interms of value on game.

13. JustLynCHN

JustLynCHN Member

So crazy the dream is!But I love it!

14. Hemotivo

Hemotivo Member

Yao

and the scola thanx to yao