1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What pick will we get in the lottery?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 16, 2022.

?

What pick will we get in the lottery?

  1. 1

  2. 2

  3. 3

  4. 4

  5. 5

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Haymitch

    Haymitch Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2005
    Messages:
    25,691
    Likes Received:
    17,761
  2. jev5555

    jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2002
    Messages:
    4,288
    Likes Received:
    1,901
    5th pick would be deflating .. now Im anxious for the lottery. Thanks Tankathon
     
    saleem likes this.
  3. thedude077

    thedude077 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    Messages:
    3,356
    Likes Received:
    937
    I hope they get the 3rd pick. Because none of these guys are worth number 1.
     
  4. danoman

    danoman Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2009
    Messages:
    2,634
    Likes Received:
    569
    For us to get the 5th pick, 4 teams would have to leap frog us. Which it's possible but I doubt it...

    Maybe I'm wrong but we only get the 5th pick if 4 other teams luck out and bump us down.

    If I'm understanding the lottery correctly. All "lottery teams" are fighting to get in to the top 4, If other teams don't get in to the top 4 you basically hold your position in the draft order.

    So basically, the Rockets have a 52.1% chance to stay in the top 4 picks. The remaining 47.9% involves 4 teams lucking out and bumping us down to the 5th pick.

    To sum up... I'm sure 1 or 2 teams maybe even 3 teams will luck out and jump in to the top 4.

    So my guess is the Rockets will pick will be either 3 or 4 but I'm hoping for at least the 3rd pick.
     
    coachbadlee and saleem like this.
  5. DatRocketFan

    DatRocketFan Member

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2015
    Messages:
    7,025
    Likes Received:
    9,404
    I wish they slowed down the announcing of the draft order to build up the suspense. Last year felt like a speed run.

    Like it doesn't have to b an hour long event, but it shouldn't b so fast.
     
  6. Trader_Jorge

    Trader_Jorge King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2002
    Messages:
    12,927
    Likes Received:
    3,129
    I'm not overly stressed about the pick tonight, mainly because I don't see a clear-cut set of best players in this draft. This isn't 2003 or 1984. This is going to be one of those years where we have no idea which draft picks will hit. Keegan Murray or Benedict Mathurin could end up being this year's best player. Both should be there at 1.05 if that's where we end up.
     
  7. Hank McDowell

    Hank McDowell Member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2002
    Messages:
    4,131
    Likes Received:
    6,028
    The lottery picks in this draft all have a pretty good shot at hitting. I love this draft class. There’s almost no way I’d trade out of it. If you’re top 5, you’ve got something good waiting unless you screw it up. Stone ain’t going to screw it up...
     
  8. DaDakota

    DaDakota Never Trump
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 1999
    Messages:
    115,722
    Likes Received:
    23,448
    I so want to vote, but don't want to jinx it....wait....if I vote 5, that would JINX the 5, yes....ok then.

    DD
     
    coachbadlee likes this.
  9. kiwirocketsfan

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2014
    Messages:
    577
    Likes Received:
    728
    yeah, I’m hoping to get Chet but not at 1
     
  10. DaDakota

    DaDakota Never Trump
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 1999
    Messages:
    115,722
    Likes Received:
    23,448
    You guys are welcome!

    DD
     
    Plowman, coachbadlee and Little Bit like this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

    Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 1999
    Messages:
    40,377
    Likes Received:
    21,863
    Posting this here for @Plowman and the "it's rigged" folks :D

    1st pick : 14-1-13-6 (Orlando)
    2nd pick : 2-7-14-9 (OKC)
    3rd pick : 1-12-6-3 (Houston)
    4th pick : 2-10-1-12 (Houston again - redraw)
    4th pick : 4-7-9-10 (Sacramento)


    Coincidentally for the fans of gematria and the like... the winning numbers for Jalen Green were 10-2-1-3. The Rockets almost hit that same combination this year with the "winning" 4th pick.

     
    Plowman likes this.
  12. CRJ713

    CRJ713 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2016
    Messages:
    270
    Likes Received:
    413
  13. BallSoHarden

    BallSoHarden Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2015
    Messages:
    1,747
    Likes Received:
    2,208
    I ran it 10 times as well with nearly identical results.

    5th pick - 8 times
    4th Pick - 1 Time
    1st Pick - 1 Time

    I guess we are very very fortunate to have landed the 3rd pick.
     
  14. MaxRider

    MaxRider Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2006
    Messages:
    2,316
    Likes Received:
    1,145
    Your prediction is right.
     
    Plowman likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

    deb4rockets Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    12,863
    Likes Received:
    17,048
    Either one of those two will be a dream!
     
  16. Swapshop

    Swapshop Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2016
    Messages:
    3,355
    Likes Received:
    3,883
    Third.
     
  17. Dr of Dunk

    Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 1999
    Messages:
    40,377
    Likes Received:
    21,863
    Plowman likes this.

Share This Page

  • About ClutchFans

    Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

  • Support ClutchFans!

    If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!


    Upgrade Now