1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Offseason Moves Do the Rockets Need to Make Going Forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DwightHoward13, May 3, 2014.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I think you mostly nailed it but courtesy calls to Dirk, Bosh and Duncan as well. :cool:

2. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

that would be the ideal move ... need a point guard that creates for our stars ... rather than iso plays ... tired of that crap

3. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

haha that would be awesome

4. BleedRocketsRed

Ok so who can we realistically get that is a better option at PF? (and please don't say Love, we do not have the assets for that)

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Off-Season plan

Bring in a hard-nosed defensive assistant coach (if Hollins isn't hired somewhere, grab him)
    Trade Asik/Parsons/2014 first round pick for Rondo.
    Trade Lin for cap space.
    Sign Luol Deng with cap space from Lin trade.
    MLE: Steve Blake (2.5M), Emeka Okafor (2.5M)
    Vet Min: Solid backup SF (Granger, Salmons, or Morrow)

6. treeman

treeman Member

As far as roster, Rondo for Asik/fillers, Hawes for MLE, Twin towers H/H (Howard + Hawes) to start and for matchups, with Rondo directing flow. Hawes and/or Dmo at 5 when Howard sits. Keep Parsons if possible, Bev goes to bench PG, Lin (if we can't move him) bench SG.

Howard/Dmo/Hawes
    Hawes/whoever's left (Jones, Dmo)
    Parsons/whoever's left
    Harden/Lin
    Rondo/Bev

Probably not a perfect situation but I think pretty damn good and I think it's realistically do-able.

7. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

They need to put this up in the Rockets locker room ASAP

[​IMG]

then maybe James Harden can finally see that his 'contest' % is crappier than everybody elses.

1 person likes this.
  8. RV6

RV6 Member

They need to look into getting guys like Okafor, Brand, and SBlake at a discount. That's who they need on the bench. It's completely pointless to have back ups you're scared of playing. The aging vets have the experience and can at least give you 5-10 good minutes, so that you're starters don't get into foul trouble and/or end up playing 40+ minutes.

9. basketballholic

Gotta pick up Brandon Rush on a minimum salary contract after we make our big trades.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Member

1.) Dump Jeremy Lin using our first round pick and Dmo.
    2.) This creates a huge amount of cap room.
    3.) Use it!

11. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

Pick up backup SF- Granger
    Trade Asik for Okafor or Hawes.
    No to Melo for me. Sorry we're already a bad defensive team with Harden go.
    I like many others want to keep Parsons if we have to give up Rondo then I won't do the trade. Chandler is still developing his game and could improve his shooting next year I believe and he has shut down KD before.
    Go after Rondo if not wait for Love next summer.

12. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

especially if love is added.

so many holes on D.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Are you sure? I think the league has a high opinion of Jones, Parsons, and Asik. Lin and D-Mo? Not sure. Plus we have all our picks this year and a bunch of 2nd round picks next year. We'll have to gut the role players, but they are easily replaceable.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I will be happy with anything except for getting Melo. As long as the Rockets avoid Melo, I'll be happy.

15. Franchize

Franchize Member

16. bonny1

bonny1 Member

since milk hair is back, I expect we reach 2nd round the best scenario matter what we do.

17. JazzLakerHater

I would really hope Harden watches a guy like John Wall and just how hard he plays on both ends of the floor. He could really learn a lesson. But since McHale will be back and he won't be holding Harden accountable, I doubt he'll learn.

18. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

What's the situation with Dirk? Is he for sure re-signing with the mavs or do the rox have a chance of pursuing him? He would be perfect with our group and it would be a good situation for him, he could play less minutes if he chose to and he would have to work a lot less since harden and howard suck up so much of the defense
    Imagine this:

Beverley
    Harden
    Parsons
    Nowitzki
    Howard

I mean, the only one you can really double off of is beverley and even then its still a bit of a gamble

19. maczmina

maczmina Member

With McHale we need a floor general.

20. treeman

treeman Member

Logically it would be a great addition, but I just have so many years of hate stored up with the guy, I don't think I could handle it.