1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Is The Asian Population Of Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glyde22, May 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

What Is The Asian Population Of Houston? Will China Let Ming Come?

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Who cares?:D

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Houston ranks among the tops in Asian population but Vietnamese is the primary ethnicity here. Chinese is sizable along with Korean. I have a friend who works with Asian community groups and he told me that Houston has a very strong and sizable Asian community.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From the website for Charter Equity, Inc comes this:

I always thought that houston wasn't mentioned for cities with Chineese populations wasn't mentioned as a desirable location. This, combined with the popularity of the Rockets in China, makes me wonder if the fix was in, but it was fixed for Houston?

Just a thought...

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Chinese is #10 in the nation, and we are one of only 5 cities in the US with a Chinese Consulate. So we are very well prepared to greet Chinese diplomats.

6. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Houston is an easy sell to the Chinese- we are an international city with a very warm climate

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Ming tried to come play at the University of Houston, but the NCAA declared him ineligible, so why would it be a problem for him to come play for the Rockets?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think we will have a problem signing Ming if we want him, the question is DO we want him? And will his government make various irritating demands over the long run. What a great problem to have!