1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Sergio Llull's status for next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Mar 30, 2014.

1. SRR21

SRR21 Member

With Bev's injury I doubt he will be ready to return at the start of the season. Does any one know Llull's contract situation for next season? Could the Rockets buy him out?

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Beverley will not miss the start of next season because of this injury.

3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Liull will not come to Houston forever, he can earn more money in Europe

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If he still dreams about making it into the NBA, the Rockets are the gatekeeper.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If you build it, he will come.

6. Stilldream'n34

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I recently had conversations about Sergio Llull, and from what I'm told (smoke or not), Llull is NBA-motivated, but he wants to win a Euroleague title with Real Madrid first and is looking for a clear role in the NBA. I don't think we'll see him with the Rockets next year, but in general, we all (as is Rockets brass) should be fans of Real Madrid just so that goal can be reached and a move to the NBA becomes more of a possibility. He's good... he can play.

1 person likes this.
  8. Stilldream'n34

Thanks for the info Clutch! Would love to have him on this team. Do you have any info on Papanikolaou? If the Rockets surprisingly decide to trade Parsons, as has been speculated before, I would think Kostas could be his replacement

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I wish i could believe that

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

How much longer can the Rockets wait? There has to be some age where they figure it'll be too late for him to make the kind of impact they're hoping he can achieve.

If the Rockets can't get Llull as their starting PG next season they should go after Rudy Fernandez for that role.

This team is too nice. They need some nastiness. Like how Sura was, that made him a fan favorite. Rudy's more than just little nasty, he's developed into a major A-hole on the court.

11. basketballholic

He's 26 years old. Probably will hit his prime in about 2 years. Enough time to come over, prove himself and then go for some big time dough.

Go Real Madrid.

12. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

His rights will be included when we acquire Kevin Love this offseason :p

13. Andrew Wiggins

I think if the rockets wanted him here badly enough then the would already be here. All it takes is money. But while bringing him over and spending all that money may not pay off that is not the reason. I think it has to do mostly with the rockets cap situation. Morey does not want to sign anyone beyond the year lin and asiks contracts end. Asik will most likely bail if we dont trade him and we will have plenty of space to sign who we want. Then we can invest all that money in bringing llull over. It will be cheaper by then too.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Awesome. Thanks for the update Clutch.

I wonder if Mirotic feels the same way though. If Mirotic bails this Summer I wonder if that will have any influence on whether they feel like their window has closed? Which makes this very interesting for Bulls fans as well. If Llull feels this way about winning a title, that must be something the team feels pretty strong about.

15. Muaz

Muaz Member

How fast is this guy the few times I've seen him he's seemed crafty and had nice speed but I know that he isn't really fast

16. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

I always though Euro guys were alittle more prepared for the NBA since they actually use a 24 sec clock unlike in college ball. It could attribute to why some guys seem so lost in the speed of the game.

17. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

I really hope the Rockets can buy him out if we decide to unload Jeremy.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

Still bringing the lulz I presume

19. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Not likely now, we won't have our MLE.

20. Raven

Raven Member

He's not getting any younger.