1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is happening with TMo and Collier?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocDreamer, Jul 1, 2003.

1. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Was yesterday the last day for a team to pick up the option on a contract? Did TMo and Collier have that option and if so, did the Rockets pick it up? Anyone know?

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was just thinking about them. Collier already was a free agent because we decided against picking up his option a while back. But, the Rockets had to pick up Terence Morris' option by yesterday. So, he is an FA too. And, I doubt we'll be re-signing him now. So, it is bye-bye Terence Morris. Same with Tito Maddox. Too bad, I thought Morris was well worth keeping around.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yep, yesterday was the last day; I think the decision to get rid of them was made some tiime ago.

4. JuanValdez

I was holding out hope on Morris because I wanted to keep him. I was hoping that they would wait to see what would happen on draft night. And, I figured Badiane wouldn't endanger his job at all. Oh well.

5. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

So T-Mo plays 2 seasons than walks, than the Rockets still owe Atlanta a 1st round pick for the 01 trade. Another great move by the rockets

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

7. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

I am surprised if they let him walk. TMo was not an all-star but a decent role player especially for the price. I can't imagine who would fill his roster spot. We don't have any money to spend, so who could they get at his price that is even as good. Maybe they are clearing roster spots for a blockbuster trade with many players coming to the Rockets.

8. JuanValdez

rf83, as has been noted a number of times, the pick we gave up for him would be towards the end of the first round. Imo, we're better off having a second-rounder than that pick because you get approximately the same level of talent without giving out a guaranteed contract. Well worth it, I think.

Giddyup, that's an interesting omission. But, I trust Feigen more than ESPN's list. I've seen no reports at all (and I've looked) that Morris' option was picked up between the draft and today, so I have to assume that ESPN just neglected to include him (maybe they assumed his option would be picked up when they published the list).

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Me too..... but this is NBA.com not ESPN.com....

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Morris is a two position player so he should get signed by another team pretty quick. With his ability to pass the ball he would be a really sweet fit with the Lakers or Spurs. What a shame.

11. JuanValdez

Sorry, you're right. Then again, I believe ESPN actually runs their site anyway.

12. sun12

sun12 Member

Just the way Grizzles thought when they traded their Darko Milic to Detroit Pistons:rolleyes:

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Darko Milic was picked at the end of the first round?

14. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

T-Mo has been improving greatly, would be ashame to let him go. He definately improves the team.

15. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Too bad for Terence Morris.

I think he's pretty good. Sometimes, he'd outplay Eddie Griffin. Sometimes.

The thing is, with so many forwards/guards - Juaquin Hawkins, B. Nachbar, G. Rice, J. Posey fighting for roster position and none really standing out; it really becomes crowded in the bench.

Too bad, a decision has to be made. To decide from the French verb decideré - which means to eliminate the other.

For Tito Maddox, I was hoping that he'd be given more consideration too. I mean, its not like Moochie Norris had a terrific season and deciding against Maddox would be a no-brainer. In fact, I'd like Maddox to stay for one more season.

For J. Collier, well, I don't know if I've already made my (personal) decision already that Malick Badiane is a better player even without seeing him play. It's just that a lot of good things have been said about him. And Collier was complaining about those phantom injuries anyway. So I guess this one will be an easier decision that the forward or guard position.

Decisions have to be made. Who will it be? Who will stay? Who will go?

Well, the months of July, August, September, and October will see what those decisions will be.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I can't believe we are letting TMo go. I sure hope they have a good FA that has w-inked a deal already. Otherwise, I can see us back out shopping the CBA market for a lesser replacement.

17. Summer Song Giver

I would rather have TRock over Hawkins. I think our four man rotation at the three and the two should be T-Mo, Nachbar or Posey if Nachbar totally blows at SF and Mobes and Posey at the two. I'd keep Hawk but only use him if one of the other guys was really stinking it up. Rice might as well not suit up if I were coach.

18. Nova

Nova Member

DAMN, why the hell did the Rox let TMo go? I can't any sense in it. He would've helped this team tremendously and would have only gotten better with time.

19. goophers

goophers Member

Keep TMO!!!!!!!! :(

20. JuanValdez

Well, the Grizzlies traded away a future pick of their own on the assumption that they'd be good by the time they had to pay. We traded the pick of a team that was already good and showed no signs of potentially going bad. Not really the same.